My friend is applying for Canada PR from India. I am guessing he is trying through express entry. He checked with me if I can transfer money for him to show funds in his bank account. I couldn’t tell him that it may not work. I guess it may not work because of good effort that US or Canada takes to check source of funds. But does it really work? Has anyone tried to show funds got from a friend?
TOP 24 Comments
- Okta doll$hThis is how all it starts and countries come up with stern rules with keeping Indians in mind.
- I don’t understand where this negative emotion is coming from? If you read my posts, you clearly know that I am not trying to help even if the route is illegal. I am just wondering if agents in India would encourage people to do it. I just couldn’t say No to a good friend. I really want my friend to get to know proper no risk options
- Even I am not happy about the people who game the system. That’s true. I was just wondering who gives him the idea in first place. He works through an agent and agent should have clearly stated that source of funds could be from parents. I indirectly told my friend that he can only get gift from parents.
- This is not allowed. And he has to show a 6 months average balance. This is cheating and he will get caught
- Expedia XpedyThe intention behind the rule for having funds in bank account is to show that he has enough money to support himself.
So, if you want to help your friend then maybe do it in a documented form saying you are supporting him and lending him amount as gift. Have that documented, so, it would be appropriate and legal.
Not sure whether he can take a loan for that amount from any bank.
- Yes my concern was that I am not rich enough to offer that money as gift. I am expecting some agents to tell him that it’s not possible to get as loan or without proper proof from a friend. I was wondering why agents give him bad ideas in first place when they guide him from scratch
- This is just going to go in circles. Your friend may ask you to transfer money to his parents who in turn will send it to your friend as a gift. Only transfer money if you can afford to lose it.
And the fact that your friend had to do to an agent for a PR process that’s very simple to do it yourself makes me doubt if your friend is really a good candidate for express entry.
- My main concern is to know if agents in India will guide them well that it may lead to refusal of application. I am afraid to say as it may sound like not wanting to help. But I think they can very well check the source of funds and it looks like a red flag that can be caught easily.
- Apple net worthFor express entry you don’t really need to show any money. It is not for studying. He just needs few months of living expenses