Democrats are all for diversity, except diversity of thoughtFeb 7
Why are y’all attacking Howard Schultz? If you don’t like him, don’t vote for him maybe? Should he not be able to run just because he doesn’t agree with socialism and the rest of your idiotic beliefs? Are you really saying he shouldn’t run? And y’all claim to be against voter suppression 😂
- Broadcom Ltd. rFkd21Omg, the dumb is strong in this one. The question is whether a third party candidate with no legitimate chance of winning is running in good faith.
- Because a few people complained about it on Twitter you call that liberal backlash? Do you believe all Democrats share this opinion? Not everyone has close minded partisan thinking. Some people think for themselves (and do not believe non factual articles from fox news and Breitbart)
- It takes a brave human to get out of the shelter of groupthink. You can get your info fed to you by MSNBC/fox or understand that the US media had been compromised by partisan politics. I understand the comfort of being part of your tribe. That's why most people born into a religion stay that religion. Its tribal belonging. But it also causes perfectly smart rational people to believe in illogical and scientifically disputed beliefs.
- I think they have ruined the word diversity. I am sickened whenever I see the word. It is pretty much discrimination.
- At the end of day it is zero sum game. By setting a goal of diversity it literally is discrimination on whoever is on the other side.
What happened to not judging people by color of skin but content of character.
If I say the same thing Dr. King said, I will be labeled as anti-diversity, racist and got eat alive.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Amazon AsbeSupporting racism, making homophobic slurs isn't really "Diversity of Thought" and any decent human being should all stand up against it
- Credit Karma EllisDee25The DNC leadership’s goal is to win moderate Republican voters and capture the Center - so a centrist independent would likely become competition for that space.
Yes the DNC are for superficial “diversity-theater” while in policies they and the Republicans have both used racist arguments against black people and other groups and built the world’s largest prison system (where racial segregation of prisoners is policy in many states.)
People like Joe Biden made their political career in the backlash against civil rights for non-whites. Bill Clinton and even Obama used anti-black and anti-Muslim dog whistles.
In short both parties are racist because racism is how US economic and government rulers have historically divided the population to rule it. If everyone was harassed by the cops like poor people and black or Latino or Native American youth are, then there would have been an Arab spring/Yellow Vest type revolt in the US ages ago.
As far as elections go... you don’t need to speculate - the Democrats used legal maneuvers to remove Green Party candidates from elections and even saved Republicans who missed filing deadlines while restricting the Green Party instead.
- What? Republicans aren’t exactly known for their diversity of thought either. Atheists, gays, pro-choice, balanced budget, GTFO.
- IBM / EngthisissamShultz would Garner a lot of Republicans votes too. I don't see the problem with him running.
There's plenty of Republicans who would never vote for Trump again