Got a reject from Amazon today. I thought it went great despite having one round which I kind of bombed but the other rounds were really good or that's what I thought. The interviewer for the round which I did bad was a more junior developer compared to others and he gave me two question which I gave the optimal solution then he followed it up with a question that was really hard (I don't think anybody could thought of that solution if you never seen it.)
Anyways, I have Uber, Apple, Indeed onsite coming up but being rejected by Amazon really crushed my confident. Blinders say that the bar for Amazon is not that high compared to others and I can't even get an offer from Amazon...
YOE: 2 TC: 95k I live in a really cheap place but the work is boring...
- Bloomberg ySfK74You dodged a bullet. I heard no one saying good things about working at Amazon. Good luck with next interviews!
- Amazon / EngYolo!Amazon has close to 600k employees, Bloomberg 20k. 10% who are Least Effective rating = 60k, which is 3 times more than the total employee count of Bloomberg. Just using Bloomberg for numbers comparison, nothing for or against. Imagine the sheer number of people who will call Amazon not a good place to work.
- New timechangeYou need to learn to not be affected by rejection on interviews.
The biggest part of an interview is randomness.
You never know how well you clicked with people, and other factors that have nothing to do with tech.
You also need to remember that there are a lot of "C players" at FAANMGs: they don't like someone that is too good as they like to be the smartest person in the room.
Your strength lies in number. Apply a lot!
- comScore FgKr12Hang in there! Interviews are about being lucky to a great extent. People tend to generalize that Amazon is easy, hiring bar is lower etc etc. But exceptions are always there. Good luck for rest of you interviews 🙂
- Don't worry OP! Not ALL teams in Amazon has low or medium hiring bar! When I went for On-site, they started with DP hard problem and the last round had again DP hard (found in LC marked as hard which had 2 contraints but I was asked 3 contraints in addition the the two in LC) and the expectation was to solve these LC hard questions in 25 mins.
- BlackRock Ikqf10I guess With all these LC interviews I believe they have to give you a second chance, let’s say you didn’t solve the first question, give them another problem to solve. The reason I say this is a question might have a trick embedded inside it and not everyone gets it in the first place this doesn’t mean you are a bad SW Engineer. I hate when people judge you just based on your ability to solve the LC problems. Damm when does this interviewing system change ?
- New eNBa60It’s a game of numbers. Remember that. keep in mind that people can be fickle and judgmental. Tom Brady and Michael Jordan didn’t win every big game they were in. Just tighten up on what you thought you did wrong (if the recruiter can give feedback, great) and apply that to the next interviews. Worst case you try again in like 6 months.