Also, please share why you believe/not believe.
245 VOTES SELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
TOP 73 Comments
- Facebook ⭕w⭕Yes, because only a higher being could explain a dumbass like me being able to solve a leetcode hard in 30 minutes.
- @2muchblind like I said, we need to understand BOTH the process of how something came to be AND the experience of the entity making something.
For example you might be familiar with the experience of at Tattoo artist, but if you don't understand how tattoos are done, you might see something like the next two links and think they are similar and have the same origin.
Yet, the first one is a result of lighting strike on somebody, no tattooer needed.
On the other hand, you might understand how nests are built, but if you don't have insight into the experience of living within a community or why an animal will build so you might think that a weaver nest is not an actual nest but either an infestation of a different plant or a variation of a characteristic of the actual tree.
- Amazon, I think in all these examples we can conclude that the tattoo or the painting was caused by something. As in — it did not merely materialize into existence. Some process led to its existence, though we may not know what it was.
I think that the Big Bang plus universe expanding at an increasing rate (plus the amazing laws of physics) are some of the biggest indicators.
@Oracle If there were multiple beings, the universe would be in chaos. They’d be essentially be arguing over code reviews all the time, stylistic inconsistencies everywhere ;)
- Yet, saying that something has a cause is completely different than saying it has a maker.
BTW, the universe IS pretty much chaotic and there are a lot of stylistic inconsistencies everywhere! I mean just in earth life there are like 5 different types of eye design and even more respiratory system designs
- Well, if something is past a certain level of complexity, it can be concluded it was the product of deliberate design. For example, no one would find an iPhone in a forest and conclude it just randomly formed directly out of the earth’s raw materials.
Based on my study, I think the laws of physics are way, waaay past that threshold. Maxwell’s equations, or Euler’s equation, or physical biochemistry, all these things — essentially the entire universe operates on the elegant interplay of a few constants and equations.May 17 0
- Extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof. Magical sky daddy is just as likely as a giant teapot ruling the universe.
- Facebook gEKd54Claiming its meaningless and random chance is not that extraordinary.
Pick up a stack of sticks and throw them on the ground. Now pick them and try to recreate the exact same structure. Close to impossible, ah? And didnt require much intent to generate something very complicated, appearing somewhat random but obeying many rules (e.g. physics).May 15 5
- A better question: do you believe in God as described by the Abrahamic religions? A higher being could simply be some kind of consciousness that permeates the entire universe that connects us all, humans, plants and animals. Sufis think existence is God.
- God is love. Love is God. A lot of people claim to not believe but they believe in love. Haha it’s always funny when I argue with these types of people. It’s about surrendering the ego.. and spiritual freedom :). Not a genie in the sky who will grant your wishes.
- Roche bUjp01Why should good be a human like entity that has a scheme. To me the sun is God in that without it our very existence is impossible. So is earth, air, water, trees. To me god is the incomprehensible, the uncontrollable. By that standard, god is right in front of our eyes.
- ^ Excellent viewpoint!
Maybe the nature is God! We all are part of it. We all have existed for billions of years. We all are made of dusts from the stars... Almost all of the matter on the earth (including all animals) came from the Sun! And the Sun itself was formed from the cosmic cloud!
Also the God doesn’t have to be a conscious being!
- Atheism = matter + time + chance
(while having no answer how the “matter” came to be in the first place)
- Buts it’s still a process, it’s still a “thing” as are all laws of physics. Even the quantum mechanic physicists concede that even if the quantum fluctuations hypothesis could explain some things, it still doesn’t explain the ultimate origin of everything. Let’s agree that it takes faith from both sides of this creation argument to settle on what we believe.
- It kinda sounds like a made up story if you think about it.
Like one in a billion chance of it not being fairy tale, yet the tales of burning forever seem to convince most people to be irrational about it.
- If daddy Elon, one of the smartest dudes in the world, believes that there are infinite instances of this reality, which by definition states that this could be one of those instances that could have anything, including zebras happen, then I say it's possible
- New / Data iwill4moreYes I believe in God !!
Why do I believe ?
Better for me to believe than not to believe (I think also it's a gift) !
By logic, if any human being can explain "God", he won't be anymore "God" . I prefer to see all things in life as attributes of God : the greatest of all being love.
That's my short point of view !