Some of team mate revealed salary to me,I was shocked they (citizens and green card) get paid more than me with less experience and responsibilities. And I m lead engineer.
TOP 34 Comments
- Dropbox E0 ✨This is modem day slavery https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_21st_century what we go through is absolutely nothing compared to what kids and adults who are trafficked go through. If it's time for me to pack my bags, I will be happy to do it. BTW entitled people like you will be long gone before I have to leave. Being on H1b never hindered my career growth, if it does I know what to do.Mar 18 1
- Google camelCasePeople on H1B tend to stick around. People who stick around tend to be underpaid...
- New abtdnmorehttps://h1bdata.info/index.php?em=proofpoint
And your American coworkers know how much less you make too 😫
- Google EVsM02An important rule of negotiation is having a leverage. You don't have any leverage as H1B (cannot just walk away from the job). So it's no surprise you cannot negotiate as well as citizens.
- Salesforce plnvcghThis, a lot of h1b will be in a spot where they ‘have’ to accept a job or have their life upended. This greatly diminishes your ability to walk away/negotiate and offer properly. It is also more cost/headache to the employer to hire h1b, that money comes from somewhere...