Do you or not support universal health care like that of most other developed countries like UK, Australia etc.
165 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
- I support universal healthcare alongside strict laws against unhealthy behaviors such as overeating, physical inactivity, etc.
- Poll is a mistake. Universal health care is far cheaper than our current system. We pay the most (1/6 of our gdp) and get the worst care per capita of any industrialized country
- This question is a wrong question to ask in the first place. Healthcare resource is limited in this country, and # of doctors graduated each year is constrained by law. Not solving the root cause, but asking whether people should have universal coverage?
- My problem with universal healthcare is that it is rarely universal. Healthcare becomes politicized when the government is in control and unpopular minorities don’t get services for that which the majority disapproves of.
That and the long waiting times for common conditions, e.g., UK & Canada folks that come to the U.S. for treatment rather than wait eight months.
- Except that the data do not support the notion that they are trading quality for cost. Health care quality and outcomes in other countries are, for the most part, comparable to the U.S
In particular, every other major industrialized nation pays less and gets more than we do. Seems like maybe we should learn from them.
- Yes, and there is ample historical evidence that government will persecute unpopular minorities.
Three years ago the government wouldn’t even recognize my marriage for no rational reason. Now, I’m supposed to trust it with my healthcare?
I think universal healthcare would lead to long waits, because that is what happens in Canada & the U.K.
- The waits are just as long in the US for many of these procedures, and even longer for people who cannot afford the care (i.e. never). What the US has is fundamentally broken. We pay more and get less than any other major industrialized nation. If you don't like the concept of universal health care, what is your alternative?Feb 250
- I support basic health care for everyone. Meaning: you are diagnose with cancer, you get all your treatment paid for, you have any illness like that, and you are covered. You break a bone, you’re covered, etc. Now.... that being said: you have lung cancer cause you’re a smoker: fyou and pay up b1tch! You have bad teeth cause you’re a meth addict: go fyourself and get a second mortgage on your house to pay for a dentist... you has diabetes because you’re overweight... sorry, I’ll cover a membership to an anytime fitness, the rest is on your tab!