I’m having a tough time deciding whether to buy dropbox stock. On the one hand, looking at box, that stock has definitely surged from when it originally went IPO a few years ago, but it also crashed precipitously before it’s rise. Will dropbox face the same fate? On the other hand dropbox is profitable, which would make it one of the few SaaS stocks in that category. On the other hand, Google Drive, AWS, and azure compete with it, and I’m not sure what dropbox is differentiating features are? Dropbox is near its opening low today. In other words, it IPO at $21 and the stock rose 35% when it was open to retail investors
TOP 16 Comments
- Amazon / Product giju14Why anyone use dropbox instead of all other competitors? Buy a stock where you believe in the future of its product
- Git repo is a very intense usage case so I think yes. Also, Google sometimes forgets to upload your photos or starts uploading them with quality downgrade, very unreliable to my opinion. There were cases when Google just deleted photos, they had this bug around there years ago.Sep 16, 2018 2
- Dropbox has a good product, but it’s still in a commoditized space when compared to box, Google Drive, AWS, and Azure. I don’t know what the difference Acacian is except for the fact that they are profitable, and are probably one of the few SAaS companies to be profitable.
- Given that GDrive and Office 365 offer ways of creating and editing the documents, in addition to storing and sharing, I don't see a point in Dropbox. Plus you also have AWS, with a thousand offerings around storage that might wake up any day and decide to crush youJul 30, 2018 0
- This guy on the Mötley fool wrote an article back in April advising people not to buy dropbox stock. Looks like that’s the consensus amongst people in this thread as well. https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/04/17/is-dropbox-stock-a-buy-wall-street-analysts-debate.aspxJul 30, 2018 0