If I had similar offer from both companies, which company do you think is better to work for? Who has better work culture for SWEs?
TOP 24 Comments
- EA OSAh26I’ve worked at both and would say EA is way better. If you care about what gamers think, Blizzards the better choice. If you care about comp, perks, work life balance, and actually being able to get resources to support your work, then EA is the easy choice.
- This has been discussed before. Depends on your location, where you want to move and the games you'd like to work on.
- Blizzard has lower pay. They do not offer stock or great profit sharing. I just took an offer from a studio at EA and the offer was way better than my current comp.
Current job tc: $97,000
New job tc: $178,000
- I can’t speak for Blizzard, but at EA Redwood Shores in Marketing, I’ve had a blast and have been able to accomplish great work. Agree with what OSA says above: comp, perks, work life balance, and resources are all great. My teammates are amazing too, and we all love working together.
- Scientific Games / EngHmLh12A poll would have been nice here.
I would pick Blizzard hands down, EA is the same as Activision, in terms of being a shitty publisher.
But Blizzard has better pay and perks, and cooler games imo.
- Activision Blizzard / EngbugehallsThe “blizzard is dying” and “activision makes blizzard do (x)” crap is far overstated but things are changing here for sure, really your question should be which publisher has the best studio or which studios under a publisher are the best.
For activision i think blizzard is still the best place to be, for EA I’m not really sure but I’d imagine maybe DICE or respawn or something.
Stuff will vary between studios and sweeping statements about publishers doesn’t make much sense.