Apple: 300k, year 2/3/4 will be better based off refreshers, stock is low, so good time to join
Airbnb: 350k, based on the current stock, also it’s a paper money, not sure about their refreshers.
With Airbnb, what kind of tech are they doing these days, have they hit the rock bottom with the innovation? Also, how much of a big IPO they would open to and when?
- Airbnb KtfgIf you're L4 the refreshers at airbnb are 90-180k perf based. For L5 its double that. Also keep in mind the fact that the culture at Apple can be very secretive and cut throat while it's much the opposite here. Also we get free food :)
- Airbnb KtfgHigh refreshers may be only for new offers idk. I joined as L4 and my refresh is 90-180k.
Also Twitter monkey shit posts in every thread where people talk about high comp at airbnb. I mean shit, he shit posted the same thing twice already just in this thread. He's prolly jealous because Twitter has a garbage comp structure that stays relatively flat while those with refreshers and a big initial grant see their comp increase a lot in the first few years.
And ya @jefe_bezos every year I get a grant of rsus between 90-180k which vests over 4 years and starts vesting immediately - that's what a refresher is. It's not a flat salary raise but it is a tc increase
- Apple 88812122Don’t consider these stock levels. If you join today, you will be given value which will be on 15 feb. too much time to reach 200. I don’t see it going down anymore
- Capital One desu’s momWhy do you think the stock market is done correcting? Look at the past 3 months. It has done these fake bull runs 3 times so far, and the overall momentum is still down if you take out the fluctuation. Right now we are at a top in the overall stock market. Expect apple stock to take another huge hit here pretty soon
- New goodgulfMr. Anderson. One of these companies has a future and one of them does not. one of them has been raising prices 20% a year for the last three years and one has not. most people don't understand that when you make the item non-repairable the price goes up. When you make all the ports optional extras the price goes up. When you temporarily stop paying LTE royalties and will eventually lose in court the price goes up. And when you introduce products they cost double what the previous products cost, they start to notice, finally.
- I am also in a similar boat. Have offers from Apple amazon and lyft. My apple’s first year comp is 300k, but it includes 50k joining bonus. Amazon’s offer is 300k. So unless Apple gives me a refresher of 200k, my second year salary will be 250. Assuming 20% increase in stocks, it will goto 265-270. So this is way less than amazon. I have heard that for ict4 , refreshers are around 50k per year. So for one year, it translates to only 12.5k. Eventually in 4-5 years the net comp should increase because of refreshers, but no one stays in the same company for 5 years. So I think about 3 years at Max.
- Refresher is the new stock grant that you get at the end of every year, other than the stocks that you got while joining. You can think of it like annual bonus, but paid in terms of stocks, such that you vest 25% every year. With bonus you can take the money and run away. With stock refresher , you get only 25% every year. And you get the first 25% after an year of the grant. So refreshers are a good way to give you raise, but also make you stay.
Note that I say you vest 25% every year. Some companies might give you 12.5% every 6 months, or 1/48th every month. But most of the companies give 25% every year.Jan 102
- Which team at Apple ? Your Apple offer of 300k, does it include joining bonus as well? If yes how much? If it includes joining bonus then your next year salary will be lesser. For example if joining bonus is 50k, then next year salary will be 250k. In order to make it 300, you will need to get 200k worth of refresher which won’t be the case (because 200k will be over 4 years).
Also the reason I am asking which team is that unless your offer letter promises certain refresher, the refresher would depend upon the team you join.