Base = 180K
RSU = 160K over 4 years
SignOn = 80K
Bonus = 10% (Based on peformance)
Refreshers (Based on performance)
YOE = 8 Years (6 Years in US + Masters + 2 Years in India)
I think Apple gives generous refreshers, what you guys think of this offer?
Base = 180K
- Apple constellaCan do better. Ask for 220 base and 500 rsu. If you don’t have have competing offers there’s very little chance they will pay that, though. Also, bonuses can be 20% sometimes.
- It’s very rare for a job offer to be withdrawn because you asked for a lot. They usually tell you what their “last” offer is, and you can always take it. Or leave it.
On the other hand, if you get what you ask for right away, it might leave you wondering if you should’ve asked for more; wondering if you got shortchanged.
Hiring isn’t easy these days. By the time an offer is made, they have invested enough time in you and other candidates that they don’t want to lose a good one like you. The recruiter might laugh at you, but that’s part of their script, they are deft negotiators. You need learn that game too, not just reversing linked lists and consistent hashing.
- Apple / Eng KolmogrovmoreYes - but getting laughed and having no clue isn’t leverage. I could go in every negotiation asking for a billion bucks - Nobody going to take me seriously, and I won’t get high end . Good negotiation is having leverage and a sane idea of what the other guy also gets at end of the deal - going with your approach doesn’t do any of that.
- Ignore the trolls here, this is a high end offer for ICT4 -- so you more or less have to take it or leave it
I accepted the above offer eventually, I think I could have increased my base a little but I'm happy with the team, HM and overall TC.
Greed is never-ending, happiness is what you seek!
- I was recently negotiating with Apple for ICT4, and was at 195/450 with a 15% bonus before I decided to accept a different offer.
- Take it if you like the team/work. That’s all that will matter .. for a long time. BTW, which team / org?