My H1B was picked in lottery this year but I got an RFE.
Meanwhile, I got a job offer with double the TC in Bay Area.
Since I didn’t want to wait for 6 months (RFE response + non-pp transfer), I jumped ship and abandoned this H1B.
I have 2 more chances at lottery, but I can’t stop thinking about if I had made the right decision.
Leaving he lottery for the last chance is not ideal since I have to leave the country at such a short notice. So, realistically only one chance.
Want to add that I was really unhappy in my current company, and the new job is the best opportunity I can hope for.
Would you do the same if you were in my situation?
TC: 160 to 325
H1B lottery chod, tu life me jeetega!