To my Indian mates, what keeps you living in this country when the GC queue for us is infinitely long.
I am frustrated now, I feel like I am always under the stress to keep my status and have to do that forever. How do you guys handle it?
Do you think it’ll ever get better for us?
I am thinking whether I should leave for India next year. Thinking to start interviewing there mid next year..
Been in the US for the past 5 years. Join FB as a new grad, E7 in 4.5 years. mentoring senior engineers who are way older than me. Have team mates who are probably E4/E5 and have GC.
Yet, I am constantly worried about keeping my status (hence my job, but the expectations are unreal at my level, so I never know when I will get fired, so far it’s okay)
US immigration policy for Indians 🤦♀️ 🤦♂️
- Amazon 6” IndianSave 700k for 5 years. That’s a lot. Enjoy life and have fun man. Don’t be a coding monkey. My suggestion is just to stay here until the day you can’t. India is a shithole, why move back man?
- 1- Stop being hateful and be a man. If you are a man, be a decent one. Don’t spew hate on people from Pakistan. Be happy.
2-There is no “WE”. You are working for JACK. Twitter is Jack’s company if you are not one of the big shareholders, you are just one of the bodies in the company. Sits and codes. That’s it. You are just a worker with some stocks.
3-Blind is about getting tips about the big tech companies, help others to get into them when it’s appropriate and yeah, sometimes roast them with decency.
4-l hope you or your parents are not dark skinned Indians and not coming from a low caste. Maybe you experienced so much pain in your own life that caused by other indians and maybe that’s why you are so hateful towards to Pakistani people ? Plus - when you step outside, society looks at you as a second class citizen because of your skin color. You already KNOW and FEEL that in this country. So you will ALWAYS be judged just because where you come from. l know you know it. So be emphatic for others. You are in the same boat with them.
5-It doesn’t matter where you work. Be a decent human. Don’t be a hater. Go play tennis or soccer, sweat and get rid of your weird thoughts. Just be a happy and good person. Anyway. Good night buddy 🤝
Flagged by the community.
- You're describing Vancouver. Toronto is a sprawling, modern, diverse city and Montreal is a cool place to be. They both have good tech scenes but salaries are lower.
What the US is doing to you is unfair. At least if you were in Canada the anxiety of "will I be able to stay in this country" will be gone as you'll easily be able to get citizenship.Dec 38
- That's what a lot of Indians are doing these days. They apply from US for Canadian PR via Express Entry , move there and become citizens in 3 years. Their US masters degree and experience helps them there.
I am planning to do the same after I graduate next year. I will have 1 year US experience thanks to co-ops, then will get some experience at a well known company on OPT, meanwhile will apply for Canadian PR.
The day I get it , will start applying for jobs there and gtfo avoiding the H1B hassle to begin with. I can come back here on TN-1 when I get my Canadian citizenship. My sister and brother-in-law are dentists on H1B and they're planning the same thing.
- Have you tried the EB-1 route OP ? Just try talking to an attorney and see if you qualify!
- @RzF15 are you American ? Where you from?
All the Americans I have seen are pretty nice people when I talk to them.
I don’t think they are double faced like you.
- LinkedIn TyxftI feel you brother! but if i do move back, i feel like I need to have these 2 things:
1. Have enough capital (haven’t defined what enough means)
2. Need to be absolutely clear on what I want to do for a living (Don’t want another 9-5. sometimes feel like a robot.. otherwise life in India would be pretty much be the same minus the visa issues
- Amazon CrikeWith Facebook on your resume you can pretty much wherever In the world you want.I would suggest Canada/Europe .However you will max out at 100-120k USD in those countries.
If you want to keep your pay move to Facebook Singapore or Dublin
This comment was deleted by original commenter.