My wife lived in the states for over 10 years before we married, and never once celebrated Thanksgiving - she went to Disney Land instead.
If you’re a foreign national living in the US, do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
If not, what do you do instead?
- Amazon djdi,783¢€My parents were foreigners in this country. They still celebrated Thanksgiving because they liked the meaning behind it. They also wanted to assimilate.
- Your wife went to Disneyland 10 years in a row. Now that's hardcore.
- Will go if someone invites, as long as they don't make turkey.
- Microsoft ZanegThe corporates took over Thanksgiving now. Black Friday is Thursday now. People who really want to celebrate also cannot as they have to either work or shop 😀
- Microsoft 5'8"glI don't have family here and wasn't raised with a tradition to celebrate Thanksgiving, but I enjoy the day off and try to invite friends over or join their party. Since it's a holiday in most companies and the weather is rainy, it's usually a perfect timing to get together with people I haven't seen in a while, otherwise we're all busy with work or travel.