Getting H1b approval outside of US

Amazon Xupinghu
Jan 8 5 Comments

I was on h1b from 2015-2017 and then moved back to China for a year and half now to help my brother who was addicted to various drugs. He is out of rehab and has a job now. I'm currently working in a China life insurance and want to move back to the US. My company doesn't have an office in the US.
Can I come back to the US on my old H-1b and if so how do I go about it?
From what I've read online I can come back on H1b up to 6 years from leaving the US without a cap subject lottery. I'm unsure about this information. How to go about applying for the interviews and for face to face interviews should I just tell them I can't come onsite or get a tourist visa for that purpose.
Thanks for all the help here on blind.


Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 5 Comments
  • Nvidia monolith
    What you did for your brother is really great. To answer your question, this is a good link:
    Jan 8 0
  • Yes you can come back. Get a B1 visa, leetcode and come back to US to do onsite interview, and then ask company to sponsor non cap H1B after getting offer
    Jan 8 2
    • PayPal Sey
      Just curious if you have done this before ??
      Jan 9
    • not me, but have seen colleagues done exactly this
      Jan 9
  • Microsoft Kingof2019
    You should be able to get a cap exempt H1 B if your original H1 petition is still not withdrawn by your previous employer
    Jan 8 0

Join verified employees in our anonymous social network! Download the app!