I had my google onsite today.
Out of the 5 interviews, I didn't do well on one of them. I just hit a mental block and found it difficult to make progress.
However, the other 4 interviews (2 coding and 2 system design), I feel extremely positive about.
I was able to solve the other coding questions bug-free and was able to go in depth on the system design ones too.
Maybe, this question has been asked several times...
But how would my chances look like if the actual feedback turns out as I am expecting ?
So the hiring committee came back asking for 2 additional coding rounds, because they felt that I wasn’t tested enough on data structures and algorithms.
I did the 2 additional over the phone, instead of doing them onsite. Both of my interviews went really well and the hiring committee recommended me for a hire.
After this everything moved really fast and I received and accepted the offer in less than a week.
The team match was done in parallel.
Offer details: L4
Base 155, 15% target bonus
Sign on 20
Stocks 450 / 4 yrs
I had my google onsite today.
- Google / Eng 🏳️🌈🍨Better to have 4 great interviews and one bad one than to have 5 mediocre ones. I had a similar thing and still got hired.
- The hiring committee came back asking for 2 additional coding interviews. Recruiter said they need more signals on the algo/data structures.
I knew that I did not do well on one of the coding rounds. But didn’t expect them to ask me do couple of more coding rounds.
Anyways, I will go ahead and do the additional ones and hope to get through!
I did the 2 additional coding rounds. And they went pretty well. Probably better than the onsite ones. So hoping for the recruiter to move fast, as I have another offer that will expire by end of the week.
Anyone who has gone through this process, what was the turnaround time for you ?
- So I am the OP here. Had to create a new username due to the app bug.
I heard back from the recruiter today, saying that the feedback looks strong enough to proceed with team matching and HC review.
She didn’t go into the specifics of the feedback or tell me how many positive/negative.
However, I am bummed about the fact that she said the target comp would be 180-220 TC.
That seems pretty low for T4.
My current TC at apple is around 250k.
I hope they would be able to match any other offers I might get.
- I think it’s highly unpredictable... And no guarantee till you get offer to your inbox... even if you have done that 5th round well...
My suggestion: you had done the hard work and went through one of the complex and unnecessary interview process. Just Chill and enjoy...
Ping the recruiter once after a week and again after 2nd week..
All the best...
- New Nobody777How did you prepare for System Design? Was it for large scale applications?
- Can you please share the difficulty level in terms of leetcode difficulty?
- Op how do you think you did the interviews ? What was the format ? Algo in 4 and system design in 1 , was it trees and graphs , DP ?