I'm currently L62 SDE at Microsoft. What compensation range can I expect in Zurich Google?
TOP 33 Comments
- Amazon dalejrjrIf you're not white; actually, if you're not of Germanic heritage, think twice about moving to Switzerland. Extremely xenophobic people. Even white Europeans are discriminated if from Eastern Europe. Heck, I've heard they are discriminating against Germans as they tookderjbs
- Amazon dalejrjrSome examples from friends:
1. One had issues finding apartment as it's legal for landlords to reject an applicant based on nationality. Some nationalities are apparently labelled as troublemakers
2. An Indian colleague was basically ignored by hotel staff. They did check him in eventually but basically pretended he's not there.Mar 31, 2018 1
- This is so true. I have a 2nd cousin in Zurich I visit every couple of years. Lovely people *if* you’re Swiss. Even if you’re European, you’re still a bit of a second class citizen if you’re not Swiss and speak Swiss German.
And I must emphasize the Swiss German language. If you try speaking in high German, you might as well be Mexican, speaking Spanish.Mar 31, 2018 6
Flagged by the community.
- Zürich is the highest paying Google office anywhere in the world. Higher than the Bay Area.
- Pay isn’t going to the issue. It’s actually getting a job out there. The whole continent of Europe competing for a very small number of jobs. Good luck. Probably easier to get a job at google here then internally transfer.
- I just started a transfer to Zurich from southern Cal. My estimated base pay increase is about 19 percent from about 166 to about 198k usd. I hear stock refreshes after way lower there so I expect my total comp will decrease the longer I stay as new refreshes take over for older larger ones. I'm a t5.