Work VISA

H1B Multiple Transfers

Jan 8

I got a Job in Company A last year in October and the company applied for my Visa Transfer. Since premium processing is suspended it is taking time and I haven’t got any update yet.
Meanwhile I recently Interviewed with another company B and got a better offer. B said that they will file for my transfer after Feb 19th (supposed date when pp will start).

I want to join B and considering the transfer timeline from feb 19 and notice period at my current workplace, my tentative start date at B is set for mid April.

Questions:

1. I read that you can have multiple transfer petitions with USCIS at the same time. Has anyone heard of any issue with this?

2. When and How should I communicate my decision to company A that I wont be joining them ?

3. I want to travel abroad with the number of holidays I have accumulated in my current workplace. Is it safe to travel during the transfer? When would the best time to travel considering above period ?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

comments

Add a comment
  • SunTrust !Srs
    1- No issues as far as multiple applications are concerned

    2 - After the Visa transfer in B

    3-It’s Safe just don’t resign from current company and have valid Visa Stamping & I 94
    Jan 85
    • OP
      Thank you for your response.
      For (2) what if the transfer for A gets approved even before B files?
      Jan 8
    • SunTrust !Srs
      2 - Doesn’t matter even if Company A has transferred your Visa, if you don’t want to join them they can’t do anything
      Jan 8
    • OP
      Any legal obligations I need to worry about? I dont see anything related in the Offer letter
      Jan 8
    • SunTrust !Srs
      None. As per the constitution they can’t force you
      Jan 8
    • OP
      Thank you Srs!!
      Jan 8
  • Walmart.com realDTrump
    A lawyer is needful
    Jan 81
    • Uber 🦑*🤩
      Learning new words every day. “Needful”
      Jan 9
  • Tesla / Mgmt
    t3$l@

    TeslaMgmt

    PRE
    Tesla Motors
    t3$l@more
    Not great way to treat company A that bet on you and was willing to wait for you
    Jan 84
    • OP
      I get your point and honesty I never wanted to be in such a situation. But the Offer from B is not something I can turn down.
      Jan 8
    • Tesla / Mgmt
      t3$l@

      TeslaMgmt

      PRE
      Tesla Motors
      t3$l@more
      Then give A a chance to match it?
      Jan 8
    • VMware Hdu
      It's fair game IMO if A can't match B.
      Jan 8
    • Tesla / Mgmt
      t3$l@

      TeslaMgmt

      PRE
      Tesla Motors
      t3$l@more
      Agreed
      Jan 8
  • SunTrust !Srs
    Have a great night, let me know Incase have any more questions
    Jan 80

Download the app for more exclusive content.