Hi,Recently USCIS sent an invitation email to OPT students to signup for their SEVP portal (https://sevp.ice.gov/opt/#/login). Any of you know whether the status gets changed in this portal if H1B petition picked up in the lottery? I suppose this portal is same as the one DSO use to update student records.
TOP 83 Comments
- Google fucktrumppWhat status? I see nothing here. Seems like just a portal to update your address, employer, etc
- @XoQA40: So you had a new I-20 printed out and it didn’t have the new end date of 09/30? How is that possible? The end date in the SEVP portal should be the same as in SEVIS, so i would expect 09/30 to show up on the new I-20. How do you explain why the end date changed to 09/30 on the portal then?
According to this the only phase when the cap gap is set to Sept 30th is when USCIS update the h1b status to pending ... It's clearly documented in a table in the above dhs doc expanding about cap gap periods.
So with all this I am confused :(
- @naruro1546, yes, and pending H1b status means that the petition was selected in the lottery. So I’m pretty sure updated end date to 09/30 on SEVP portal means petition was selected in lottery. That’s also the consensus on various forums I’ve seen. So congrats on being selected!
- Apple oolalaoolaAnother post in redbus clarifying the SEVP update: https://redbus2us.com/sevis-sevp-portal-updates-opt-cap-gap-date-extended-h1b-lottery-selected/
- Just got email from lawyer stating application was selected.No update on SEVP as stem opt not ending before 30 sept.
- So this extension of dates is a hint that our petition is picked in lottery right ?
- Nvidia amepreThanks.. I see no change on my portal.. question for ppl who have seen change in date.. what was end date prior to change? In my case end date is 2019 march.. will there be any change on my portal if I get selected?
- My end date of Initial OPT authorization changed to September 30, I also read the notes on sevp portal about the effects of H1b change of status petition on f1 opt folks which is quite clear , wanna know how long it takes to hear from attorney?
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- H1B receipt received but sevp portal not updated, my opt ends in august, anybody has this ?
- Looks like i am fucked, i don't see any date changed on sevp. My opt ends on July 15. So long Murica😐
- New AapV32Hi, thank you for all the updates. My OPT ends on 7/21 & my SEVIS portal doesn't show any change in dates. Does that mean I have not been picked or should I still waiting?
- I got a receipt from lawyer, but sevp portal didn’t got updated because my stem opt expires in 2019. Date only changes for cap gap.
- Samsung IsitIMP?OPBut if one is already on stem opt with validity more than 30th September , then I don’t think there would be any updates in the portal.