We hear stories about bad managers all the time.
I'm interested to hear if you've looked back at any point in your career and said to yourself: I could've handled this situation better.
Share your stories and maybe we can learn from them as well.
- eBay aErk76I wish i didnt waste those precious 2+ years struggling with the bad manager and moved on sooner ! It only brought unnecessary stress and put me back on career trajectory
- Google meXe73Sorry but if you want a good story for your soft skills interview, make up your own.
- Amazon abgurumoreHad been in a team that did not have any direction, strategy. Immediate management are just yes men for their bosses, does anything to please their bosses. No projects went live in last 1 year I spent there. Wish I switched job earlier.
- Microsoft hsowhoI do not expect for anyone to be perfect. A bad manager is one worse than mediocre or one who cares little about their team. Using that criteria, then no, I have never been a bad employee, so I feel I have the right to criticize bad managers, especially since their incompetence or lack of morals directly impacts those who are supposed to trust them.
- VMware / R&D350TCFetusYup. Worked my butt off my first year and all I got was resentful peers (not openly, but I could tell). This year I started working 4 days a week and life is a lot better.