I’m a mid thirties person who has given up on having a family (long story). I am choosing to instead focus on my interests in life. I like researching mass violence like the holocaust, red Terror, Moscow show trials, cultural revolution, the Rwandan genocide. I like these things because I can’t have a family myself lol. Anyone else with with interest in these topics? Maybe we can form a reading club.
TOP 46 Comments
- Microsoft psjdSo... Did u want a family, and can't? Medical reasons or just gave up on finding a dude?
- Not at all. A bottom 1 percent woman can still easily get a bottom 20-30% man.
Whereas a bottom 1 percent man, would have no such luck. There are countless examples of people making fake online dating accounts with absolutely hideous photos of women (one I recall had the woman look exactly like an incarnation of a pig) and they were STILL receiving copious amounts of messages from thirsty men.
There’s a reason that the majority of your ancestors are females. Bottom tier males simply don’t have a chance to reproduce and pass on their genetics. Females on the other hand have a much easier time at this.May 31, 2018 1
- Would a top 15% woman in terms of smartness be willing to go out with a bottom 20% looking guy? Just imagine the toll this will take on her ego on a daily basis! I'd recommend avoiding such compromise and live life according to your own unique script rather than conform to someone else's by crushing your ego (I'm using ego in the sense of self worth; not the haughty version of the word).
- Not mathematically impossible - imagine that there was one Adam and 5 Eve's, and then all their kids interbred for several generations and eventually we got you. Now you're descended from all 5 Eve's but only one Adam.
Not sure if that statistic is true though. How would one even measure how many men vs. women we are descended from?
- Just to clarify, I’m not saying that I want be involved in mass violence. I just like to research them and try to get inside the heads of the actors.
- Barracuda / Sales YourMamamoreI really enjoy reading about the effects of about rare, debilitating and painful terminal illnesses. Sounds like we are destined to be BFFs!
- Aon Hewitt SkjgvgWhat else are you interested in? I don't think I'm interested in this area but maybe we have something else in common.
- My goal is to create some documentaries on these episodes of mass violence. I want to explore the personal dimensions of these events.
- That is an amazing idea! Historians usually make such episodes sound so inevitable, or at least highly likely, in the context of the activities happening in the society. But it's the individuals who make the choice. I think it would be very entertaining to get the personal accountability perspective for the violence that is generally attributed to societal triggers. Will be the reverse of what Asimov called psychohistory. I'm already looking forward to your creations. I'd recommend publishing written work before heading to the documentary versions.
- You should look into the Celtic holocaust committed by Julius Caesar
- Honda / Other furacistsmoreTangential book links : https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31170723-behave https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4069.Man_s_Search_for_Meaning