A small rock hit my windshield while driving and there is a small crack. Where should I take it to get repaired? Dealer? Will probably be expensive. Car Insurance claim? Not sure if my rates will go up with that though. Just go to a generic place that can fix it?
TOP 12 Comments
- eBay seatmoreJust take out your windshields. They’re a scam anyway. Big Windshield just wants you to have a windshield but in actuality they’re just stealing your money. It’s really not necessary and people just get them due to societal pressure.
- Microsoft oMAG58How small is small? Is it a chip or crack? Chips you can buy $10 kits to fix yourself.
- Autodesk YTDP26For small crack, fix it yourself. There are repair kits for sale online. I have used it for a few times. You want to do it on a sunny day so the sealant can work. The risk of replacing windshield is the uncertainty of the install quality and the glass quality itself. The good one tends to be more expensive. The bad one could be worse than a repair kit.May 10
- Nvidia vnnP31IMO get it done by a shop for 40. I tried fixing it myself and ended up making it worse (crack extended). Ended up getting it replaced by a mobile service found on yelp for 260.
- Amazon olloOPYeah I checked. They do cover it and they said it won’t affect my premium with their company but that it might affect my premium at a new company. I also called a local windshield repair and they said it would cost $40. I think the change in premium should not be big for this even if I change my insurance.Apr 241