I thought he messed up the economy and was a very ordinary president. Ratings we're shade Better than Dubya..
- Cisco ChandraDude fucked over everyone living in Iraq. That country got bent over after the whole “weapons of mass destruction” nonsense. Country is in chaos because nobody left to really rule correctly. US went in and bombed the place, then got the fuck out. What a shit show that was. Now look at the mess remaining.
- New goodgulfI'm a Democrat and too late, I like George Bush Senior. He's the only president in my lifetime who tried to cut the deficit for real by raising income taxes. His moron party took him to the woodshed for doing this due to his no new taxes pledge. he said trickle-down was voodoo economics. He was actually a pretty honest guy.
- How many gay men died because of his drastic inaction during the AIDS epidemic? Good riddance, I hope he and Nancy Reagan spend a eternity trapped in the back room of a late 80’s Chicago leather bar
- Heterosexuals at this point in history received education. Doctors were well educated about heterosexual intercourse, and were able to work with patients.
Bush’s refusal to act cost lives, lives that could have been saved with aggressive education campaigns, outreach, and treatment. Instead, vulnerable populations were left to fend on their own, kicked out of housing, discriminated against in the workplace, left to die without dignity.
- It is nothing other than luck that the virus is significantly less likely to spread through vagi nal intercours, otherwise this would have been a world wide disaster. The fact there are unplanned pregnancies, and rampant Infections in heterosexuals shows that just because you tell people to use condoms, doesn’t mean they always work. Things go wrong, or people make poor choices. Education and birth control is what helps here, and similar principles could have been applied to the aid s epidemic just as easily. It wasn’t for lack of resources or knowledge, it was from lack of will that the Bush administration turned its back on Americans struggling through some of the darkest days this community has seen.
- Have a read - there will be a test
- It is disappointing the lack of good judgement coming from Google. Hiphipnope seems convinced that GB should have run around as a cock block. Which would have been the only thing he could have done to protect these guys from their actions. STIs and condoms weren’t invented in the 90’s. Take some responsibility for your actions.
- i think the current one makes any previous president look really, really great. So people wistfully remember the times, when moronism was contained
- Microsoft elpwcnxbCopying my list from earlier:
- Iran-Contra, flooded cities with cocaine, helped Oliver North brazenly lie, pardoned everyone involved
- supported fascism in Yugoslavia which helped create a civil war and genocide
- highway of death, killing thousands of civilians
- invasion of panama
- pardoned literal terrorists like Orlando Bosch
- ignored AIDs crisis just like Reagan
- defended Pinochet
- paraded the downfall of the Soviet Union, helped Yeltsin and his buddies "privatize" major industries which created the rise of Russian billionaire oligarchs
- allowed his neocon friends to use his idiot son as a tool to continue their imperialistic foreign policy in the middle east
- As others said, he was a United States President. Regardless of whether you agreed or disagreed with his policies you should have respect for the office.
I know that Trump has made it very difficult to respect the office, but still.
- Microsoft / Otherkobf&hd36He was a US president which means at least half the country supported him. We will be doing the same for Trump at some point in near future.
- The Bush family is relatively amazing. They got two presidents, two state governorships, time in Congress, all in my lifetime.
- Amazon x♥️♦️♣️♠️Samuel Prescott Bush is the one who made the family. Went to Yale, became friends with the Rockefellers, ended up running major industrial businesses, became insanely rich, served as a Federal Reserve chairman, and was the first Bush to get involved in politics (though only appointed roles).
His money, influence, and connections is what enabled subsequent Bushes to expand the network. His son Prescott (George's father) was a US Senator, grandson and great grandsons Presidents.