How to evaluate an engineering job offer?
I know base salary is a big factor while evaluating a job offer. But I am trying to understand the relative weight that different people give to different points about a particular offer. I have come up with some points and would like you to comment on each of those as well as add your own to the list.
0. Base salary (obvious!)
1. Yearly bonus
2. Stock options (rsu)
3. Sign in bonus
4. Espp (if public)
5. Is it late stage pre-ipo?
6. Health benefits
7. 401k match
8. How close to where you live in currently (or need relocation?)
9. Work/life balance (check-in/out time, wfh once a week etc)
10. Growth scope (is it a growing team?)
11. Team members and hiring manager (what kind of people they are)
12. Equal opportunity employer?
13. Technology stack
14. Business growth potential or brand
15. Perks (snacks, gym etc)