I’m reading a lot of mixed reports about what the situation is at Tesla. On one hand you have people that claim the company is just about to collapse, with 9k recently fired, sales declining, etc. On the other, you just hit your production target of 5k Model 3s per week after a pretty tough quarter.
TOP 53 Comments
- Research Now / EngArschlochThe real shitstorm will hit when the cars developed in the makeshift tent develop issues. American cars are generally of poor quality (as compared to Japanese) and here we have a tent made American car. Thank god that I didn’t buy into the Tesla hype.
- QA/QC are much more stringent right?
- Regarding the exact substitute of brake and roll test: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2018-tesla-model-3-brake-roll-test/
Since it is already public, can confirm this is true.Jul 4, 20181
- I have been in that tent everyday for last 40 days. I know apart from regular associates and qc. Engineers, managers and directors from different teams are making sure all quality standards are being met and exceeded really hate the negativity without any knowledge of what is going onJul 4, 20185
- And then he will blame “employee sabotage” wonder who will be the Scapegoat now :)
- As much as I look up to the Musk man for inspirations and a jolt of "can do" whenever I need it, I've always wondered why someone (i.e. Some spaceX, Tesla employees) are willing to literally burn out for someone else. I can't fathom the idea of my tombstone saying "insertName, made insertName happy during his lifetime".
- Snapchat TalohwuHdisgruntled employees join blind so I guess that means Tesla morale is not very low
- Tesla EV<3erMorale on my team varies. We are trying to figure out how to deliver on big goals consistently while not spending in the short term. Some ppl are up to the task and see the bigger vision of impact on the company and the world. Some are not and are choosing to leave. The 9% and leadership that left were not getting results needed to grow the companys. We are in a "growing pain" phase now, it is hard work long hours but will not last forever.
- Morale couldn’t be higher. We’ve been working towards these goals for months now and we achieved them. Sounds like a cause for celebration to me.
- Tesla lipMoral isnt bad in my area. The whole tent thing is overhyped. The car bolts together the same way in a tent or in a building. If anything quality will be slightly better as it is more hand assembled. Robots easily miss the little things. A lot of people seem to forget that elon isnt Tesla we are a large group of people that do the drastic things we do for the simple fact that it is going to change the way we live hopefully for the better.
- Tesla ADunneIt was a bloodbath. Colleagues falling all around. For those of us left we are afraid we will be in next wave but we all believe this company will be the biggest energy company in the world. It’s a strange sort of morale. Fearful but confident.
- Tesla eRcw44Most of the cuts were on the energy side & there are likely more to come. The majority of the solar business came from home depot. The staff levels are currently too high with the depot deal gone. Funny that the solar side was the only profitably part of the company and that's where Tesla cut. Sure it was only $200 million quarterly profit but Wtf?Jul 6, 20181
- Like a few others have commented. Morale is super high. Concerns around makeshit tent might be valid for people who haven't been close to the ramp up, but a bunch of us have contributed to the software and process there as extra or out of way contributions. Cars go through stringent testing before being marked as ready for delivery.
Recent lay offs were more on redundant roles which could be handled by other people or more like changing the way sales happen. (Sales from home depot moving to Tesla stores)
- Most of the companies go through lay offs when they over hire or they realize they are spending way too much on certain orgs. It comes under too much attention for Tesla and other startups(Go pro) due to investors/media watching them closely trying to judge if the company will succeed
- What is the value of this post if not a single response is from a Tesla employee? Just random thoughts
- Morale is great, the company is meeting the super aggressive goals set by Elon and it's an awesome feeling.
It's a real bummer that the stock market is bullying TSLA, but most employees just avoid reading about the crap. Low stock price is just fine since ok to prices ESPP low.
- Morale in my team is great. Many who were layed off were not the best in the company to begin with. Last month has been hard work but most people did it because they were excited to be a part of it. If anything it brought together a lot of people and was a great eye opener and learning experience.