Is there a freeze/pause. Any details from Indeed folks?
TOP 29 Comments
- Indeed ind00dThey're maturing/restructuring. We hired like ~2k people in Q1 and we're pausing hiring to absorb those resources and put better processes in place moving forward. Still profitable and still a great place to work.
- LinkedIn ZoobyDoobyAs per my friend in SF, hiring freeze will remain till whole year and proper reason will be provided for hiring further.
All the travels have been stopped until it's really critical. No more rotations where ppl used to go to different center to learn new stuff.
- Indeed indeeqIt was Schrodinger's hiring freeze/pause/budget tightening. Leadership's messaging was fuzzy, everyone heard something different, and very few of us could observe the ground state.
- Indeed on 🔥It was not a complete freeze, senior hires (l3+) are still being processed as normal
- Indeed is a good place to work, probably best I’ve been. I’ve heard nothing on the freeze being lifted any time soon, and I think we def overhired in Q1. I’m actually leaving the company soon and physical overcrowding was one of the reasons why. Amazing I can be in the top quintile of earners in the US and still have to sit cheek to jowl with others
- I am at champions and we’ve been hearing about the new domain office ages, but too little, too late. I’m extroverted but I go hang out in the bathrooms sometimes just to have a few blessed moments to myself. Unfortunately some other folks have gotten the same idea so I had to start finding other places to hang out to get my wits together. Murder on my productivity
- Indeed LmeE70There is a hiring freeze based on 1) extremely high head count growth in Q1 2) based on a new GM structure . I think the freeze will go away soon, when GMs will rethink the hiring plans. Nothing bad here, just maturing/scaling the business and it's operations. I think it makes sense to expect more disciplined approached towards hiring in the future.