After tax rebates and without autopilot, it comes to around $36000. I have a daily commute of 25 miles.
- Citibank Qt7lThe better question is will Tesla be around for the term of your loan or lease. Doubtful. $900 million bond payment due in March. Interest rates on the rise, especially for speculative (junk) debt. Debt load increasing faster than sales revenue. Bankruptcy secured.
- Palo Alto Networks / EngjCjL72moreI'm also considering a new car and decided against Tesla. The progress they've made for electric vehicles is very important, but you can get a pretty nice gas/hybrid car with good MPG for 10k less.
- Certified Pre-owned 2014 Tesla Model S are also selling for around $36000 with free supercharging and autopilot. Much bigger and comfortable car IMO.
- Wow why waste your money on a Tesla when you can buy a 1988 Oldsmobile for 98% less and you won’t have to deal with the depreciation wow
- No, they terrible reliability. They have large panel gaps on. 40k vehicle, wheel axis problems, the trunk leaks water, cold weather reduces the battery range by up to half, etc. they rushed production on this in a tent bc Elon musk thinks doing acid makes him an engineer.
Check out consumer reports and the BBB on m3 and Tesla respectively.
- Consumer Reports no longer recommending https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/21/tesla-tanks-subaru-soars-in-consumer-reports-new-reliability-survey.htmlFeb 210
- Tesla 100thievesDon’t waste your money. Don’t invest that much in a car. If you do want to there are a lot of cpo cars which are way more luxurious.
- Yes! Leasing has been a popular option in the easy credit environment of the last decade. Now there’s a huge supply of used luxury vehicles with low mileage. It’s easy to find < 30k, 40k.
Be smart with your money. You could have a car accident that leaves you unable to work. Probably from a negligent Tesla drive using their autopilot misnomer feature without keeping their hands on the wheel leaving them unable to adjust when their car doesn’t see you bc Tesla only uses camera and doesn’t have lidar radar like other car companies.
- Elon Musk is an embezzler con man fraud boy. He’s going down. Lawsuit docs and timeline here:
- Amazon / EngtyliumI have a model 3.
Is it worth the money? No it's not a smart financial decision. Might as well get a used Prius if you are thinking of money.
I bought it mostly because I wanted it. It was a emotional purchase.
- New eQjn37I love the car and it only gets better over time the over the air updates are great. I’ve had the new civic and bmw 3 series before. When you buy them the dash tech gets dated a year or two. I feel tesla with the updates again will be better with time they’ve released a lot since I’ve purchased 6 months ago. I have zero regrets and in terms of reliability I find it very reliable. Less moving parts no belts no oil changes. I frequently drive from Northern California to LA about once a month and have had no issues.
- For 36k it's more than worth it. That's a great price for that car.
My understanding is you'll pay a bit more than that though once out the door.