Disclaimer: am not asian, but i have an offer, wouldn’t want to have shitty coworkers like this.
- Microsoft Larry PаgeIt's one sht person out of thousands, you can find such in any big company.
- Mark Zuckerburg even sent out a notice telling people to stop erasing #blacklivesmatter and replacing it with #alllivesmatter on their chalkboard wall at the office. Clear sign of systemic racism at Facebook, right from the leader himself.
- I don't think this is common. Also, am not white, but I see a LOT of open anti-white animosity from other groups, and also powerful ethnic cliques that deliberately exclude whites. I am sure this is considered a good thing, so hopefully you will join us and expiate the original sin of your whiteness (if you're white).
- Racists are common in USA, not just in Facebook, or tech for that matter. But they are normally too afraid to let others know until they’re emboldened by other bigots. Once they make themselves known, punch them.
Flagged by the community.
- I’m sorry that happened. For all it’s worth, many more Asians love dark skinned people considering South Asia and Southeast Asia. Although, I’ll admit, western colonialism and caste systems did embed an idea of beauty that is western in familiarity (like sharp noses and light skin). That’s true. I think in China, Japan, and Korea, though, dark skinned people are generally seen as celebrities.Jan 220
- Intel TinyDizDisclaimer, I’m Asian:
Newsflash - We’re the most hated ethnicity in the US. Literally no one likes us. We’re tolerated because we’re quiet, and are a foil to compare against more “problematic” minorities.
- Who is just doing the needful? BTW, racism is a human thing. The US does not hold a franchise on this.
Racist actions are worse than words and occur outside the US higher.
Think about being black or Indian in the middle east.
Then imagine being black or indian and poor in the middle east.
Remember last year that black Africans were auctioned in Libya?
The US has laws against discrimination in the workplace, so you only will ever face micro agressions.
- I always wonder at people that say, I don't like Asians, or blacks or white.
If an Asian or black or white person did something that you didn't like, why not direct your ire at that single person? Why develop an opinion of every single person that happens to have very superficial similarities to said offender?
What if an Asian doctor saved your life, would you like all Asians?
Just wonder at this blanket dislike. A societies laws gives you a better idea of how the culture manifests, than a single person.
And in the case of society, it's not really built by individual desire but some sort of consensus... In most cases manufactured. So might be a good indicator of individual ideals or character.
- Facebook BWTS57Generally speaking asian engs got worse wlb with better impact/ratings. Sacrifice is real sometimes. Maybe this guy is just jealous.