Any other Audi owners here? Why did you choose Audi over other luxury brands?
Owner of A3 e-tron with B&O sound system and virtual cockpit. Love the interior built and access to HOV lane.
- Uber EorjdbfnskDon’t buy Audi.. my team member has had an Audi q series one from last 6 years and now it is giving him real customer regret through repairs and maintenance costs.
He thoroughly regrets buying it and tells for each consolation Audi says 250-300$..
- All German cars are the same. They drive amazing but once they have an issue, they break the bank. Hence, most people lease them and toss it when time comes. Only daredevils and DIY'ers keep them longer. But they are generally well built and last longer with proper maintenance. But they are no match to Asian cars in terms of maintenance..
- Microsoft 4655434bBiggest difference between Audi & other German cars is that Audi does a shit job training its dealerships/mechanics on how to properly service their vehicles. Have owned both Audi & other German cars & Audi spent WAY more time in the shop cause techs had no fucking idea how to repair the simplest of things.Dec 6, 20182
- I meant in terms of after warranty maintenance and repair costs..how they drive is personal preference. BMW was leader in this space (in terms of sales) for longtime and is still worldwide leader if you include mini Cooper. But Mercedes overtook BMW in USA. Audi is trying to catch-up both and is taking good market share.
- Microsoft Eto88Don’t get an Audi as a luxury vehicle. There are much cheaper options with nearly the same level of luxury in Japan an US cars. Get an Audi for the performance bang for buck. . In this category, Audi is much cheaper than the alternatives (BMW, Mercedes) with nearly the same performance. The RS3 is supposedly really great car.
- Microsoft / EngKingWrynnmoreGot an S5 Sportback myself. All these whiners complaining about German reliability probably don’t give fuks about having to reach ideal oil temperature before smashing the throttle, etc. As much as you take care of the car, it will take care of you.
- Indeed nYoo00I bought a q7 last year and before that was debating between some other models including x5 and gle. Main reason ended up buying it was its upgraded interior and MMI system. Much more advanced and better looking than the other 2. Been happy with the car so far.
- Having said that I’m dreading the day I have to really pay on repairs. Debating just keeping Q7 and leading a sedan and minimizing cost that way. Or going to Lexus but I just think they are pretty feminine. Keeping an eye on Mercedes too but again I’m starting to feel dread on long run cost. That will go away during bonus season likely.
- Own an A4 and a Q7 supercharged. Love them both. A4 is my beater get to work car in reality. Largely whole month on a single tank.
No complaints minus the water pump going on the A4 and it being 1700 at dealer, 1200 at a specialty mechanic I use.
Rides smooth. I like the layouts and performance. Only thing that is annoying is the MMI subscription I don’t feel like paying for, Ive heard you can put a spare SIM in off your plan and by pass but haven’t bothered.