Getting evaluated for Dev team @ MSIDC Bangalore. What level should I target. Current YOE is 14+. TC: 30 LPA. Is L65 too much to ask for?
TOP 26 Comments
- Microsoft / Design LoneWolfermoreL63 and L64 are Seniors. L65 is Principal. Never gonna get L65 considering your current TC and company.
- Microsoft / Eng susu202more65 will be too much unless you perfored extremely in the interview and you have a proven track record
- Ohh is L65 so tough to get even at 14+ years? The position was for a senior software engineer and the recruiter said they could level it upto principal as well provided I do well in the loop so I thought I have a chance. It is IC role though. Btw what are the L64 and L65 designations for IC roles.
- Op can you mention the tech that you have worked on, in your career. Thanks
- I got promoted to 65 @ 11 YOE so that’s not necessarily a blocker but having the appropriate experience and skill level, beyond just YOE, is more important.
- OP, anything is possible based on the loop. However, in IDC L65 IC Engineers are few. Chances are if you do even great they will hire you at L64 stating you can perform and get to principal band internally. Given your CTC is less, you wont even have the leverage as L64 pay itself is twice your CTC.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.