Is it possible to be one without coming off as desperate for social validation?
TOP 46 Comments
- Tableau HyperJesusNot at all, the fact that you are asking shows that you are desperate for social validation.
- Men being feminists is as stupid as black people joining a white suprematist movement
- Amazon foodyI feel bad that you work at Google and have such a limited intellect. White supremacy talks about white being better than the the rest. Feminism is about males and females having equality. The "fem" is the word can be misunderstood to think it is about female rights or infact females being better than males . You are very stupid clearly
- (White supremacist) Racism and (anti-woman) sexism indirectly hurt white people and males respectively too.
People who are doing ok right now seem to resent anti-racism and feminism over some amorphous fear that they will loose a sense of status if other people are treated with respect.
- Yes, it is possible. Not just that, in the 21st century all of us should be feminists.The fact that you are asking this question tells me that you work/live in an environments where being a feminist is laughed at.
You are fine. Find better friends!
- Aww these brave guys, so afraid of a straw-man feminism.
Yes it’s in the interests of most people to support equality for women. Job discrimination and poor wages for women hurt American working class families and artificially suppressed wages for everyone.
I guess it doesn’t impact 20 year old dudes who live alone and get their politics and views of the world from South Park tho.Mar 111
- Just treat people with respect. Remember the golden rule. I truly think that’s all people have to do :)
- New hardleetMale feminists virtue signaling on Twitter and self labelling themselves as "allies". Is probably the biggest bullshit I have seen over the last 10 years.
Feminism is not about equality. It's a huge lobby and PR movement to make women do better at life than man.
- Apple proctoMen who are overly concerned with being Feminist or “Allies” tend to be cowardly creepers after access to women. Michael Kimmel comes to mind. Just ask someone out.
- Indeed cyhy46It's really not that hard to be a good person and treat women with respect.
But if you're going to build your entire identity around this it's going to raise some questions, as people ask themselves why "male feminist" is the _most_ important identifying trait for you
Just be a good person bro, without worrying about labels