Currently a Health and Welfare Consultant with TC 100k with a global broker
got an offer with a health startup for 90k with stipends on office and internet, corp cc, equity and 100% remote with traveling
too good to be true?
- Microsoft / Eng SecratriatI think user distribution for blind has changed from everyone saying I have 400k to a more believable TC base
I hear and partially agree with you :-
That said, you could retire very early if you have quite a bit of money.
Also, beyond basic needs money hasn’t really increased happiness for me. There was a poll the other day b/w choosing to becomePOTUS vs CEO of a fang and I was surprised vast majority chose CEO (for the sake of money).
- Microsoft pokefaceThey offered you a 10% pay cut and you think it is too good to be true???
I think the offer is not great. If they don’t offer you 100k TC, just reject.
- Amazon Muppet2Traveling is not a perk. After the first month it will get old. You will feel tired and worn out. Also this is crappy offer if you are SWE
- Amazon pdfhtDoesn’t seem like it is better? Unless you are really going for a remote role? Ask them to at least match base. Usually you ask for 20% higher
- MassMutual / Eng NkOS62moreAre you getting more or less responsiblity than now?
If more, you absolutely deserve more.
Big question- do they know your current TC?
If you told them- you're boned. If you haven't-
Tell them you're making 110 right now and taking a 20k pay cut. You would be happy with 100k, it's less of a hit for the convenience of wfh.
- SurveyMonkey bruno12You guys are all nerds. Signing off for the weekend so I can bed my supermodel wife and gaze upon my 500-750k faang offers.
- Ask for 105k. Avoid numbers ending in 0 and you are more likely to get them.
- American Airlines broshi007Are you guys really ignoring the fact that he's in Texas? Fuck sake I make 107k here and live a better life than friends on 200k in Bay Area. TC is not everything.