People watching while waiting for my daughter to arrive at SJC last night.Nov 22, 2018
What has happened to self-respect? The outfits those choose to wear while flying are unbelievable:
Ball caps (many backward)
Glasses on the head
Even if you do not respect yourselves, please show some for those who must look at you.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Uber Ui598$In other words, they look like people who just got off a long-haul flight in economy class, and wore comfortable clothes to make it more bearable?
- Always wanted to ask the guy in suit, why one wears suit? What does it represent? It is certainly not comfortable. Flying Business/First class itself shows that one is doing good. Why why why on earth someone wears a suit ? Is it because they need material to show that you have somehow made it?
Most good Business class offers pajamas and tshirts to wear during the flight. So why does it make sense to wear suit to airport and then change to something casual on the plane? Why why why?
- Why do I wear a suit? Well, I’m not a privileged white man who is helped in front in me at Nordstrom - while dressed in cargo shorts in flip flops. No, I am a self-made man of color who has earned everything I have. It is not about exhibiting material wealth, it is about respect, etiquette, and not wanting to be put on the curb by the police. You should spend a day in my skin.
- 'It is about respect, etiquette, and not wanting to be put on the curb', ok, I acknowledge that situation sucks for you and it may be a reason for you to wear a suit. How does me wearing a suit help you ? Respect for what .. the airline ? The people who have to look at me ? How is that different at the airport ? Do you require me to wear a suit everywhere ? Seems like there are better ways to be an ally if that's what you're after ..Nov 23, 20182
- I’m sorry but everything is not about optics. I fly in and out every week from Mondays to Thursdays, and I’m working in suits all the time. Don’t get time to get into shorts because have to get to client meetings right from airports, and trust me it’s not very comfortable to fly in suits. It’s okay and not criminal to look out for your own comfort. Be considerate and not judgemental 🙂
- If you aren't giving me money or doing something for me why do I care what you think and why would I wear a $2,000 suit in an airplane?
- OMG all the riff raff they allow on flights now .. people in shorts even in first class .. save us from this indignity! Lol. Miss the 60s much ?
- How old are you? Breaking news: flying isn’t a sign of status anymore. I’ll give you the one about people who fly in sweatpants (it’s slovenly) but who cares about cargo shorts and ball caps?
- For all the suffering we'd have to endure flying, please let us be ourselves. That's the only thing keeping my flying experience sane.
- Google kraSc u tyAh, so you are the father of that one woman who flew in a victorian dress. Makes sense.
- Amazon marty_byrdAre you serious about this post ? If yes you are really lame and narrow minded.
- What's wrong with flip flops, until recently they made people take off their shoes.
What's wrong in being comfortable while traveling.
- Logitech SigurdIs your daughter dressed in a ball gown?
Seriously, I’ll wear whatever I want if I have to sit cramped in that sardine tin for 10+ hours.
I fly a lot and have zero problem with people wearing comfortable cloths as long as they are fully clothed.
- Maybe they have self respect they just don’t care what YOU think about them..😂🤣
- Flights to Australia are about 16 hours. About the same back. Even if I wore dress clothes, and change into a sleeping jumper suit, I’m still not going to look anything close to rested or polished. Seats in economy are so tight, I totally get why people are in sweats and yoga pants. And if you have to take off your shoes and belt, why not wear pull up pants and slip on shoes? You fly much, mate?
- Sir, you are not very kind.
If you don’t respect the younger generations, they will not respect you.
If I think about what to wear, how to impress folks like you, then I will truly lose my self-respect. Coming to traveling by flights, please change your perception that the list you mentioned is directly proportional to affordability. You are no one to tell folks to travel by bus/flight just by looking at their attire.
The human race has come a long way from slavery, control and dress codes to freedom and comfort.
It’s better for you to adapt to change and appreciate the situation rather than complain about it.
- Being old is a privilege not a lot of people are getting these days so be proud .... but seriously have you been living under a rock and whatever happened to first amendment, the right to first expression
WHAT was your daughter wearing you judgemental human ? And why are you people watching in old age ? Baby boomer
- I am just holding a mirror to you and your post, sir. You get back what you put out. And let me inform your prejudiced mind , I am a woman, so don’t call me son
I am still curious what was your daughter wearing? Did she meet your expectations? Was she showing some cleavage and did you ask her to cover up if she was?Nov 25, 20180
- IBM / FinancetriciaAirlines have stopped respecting the customers and have started compromising on the comfort of the passengers. The only way to journey now a days is to be comfortable on your own.
Also to update you on the change in travel laws from your time - smoking is no longer allowed in flights.