TOP 39 Comments
- Microsoft / Mgmt DunphSo? People shouldn't be legally obligated to socialize with any race but it doesnt mean it's ok for the police to randomly kill black people and get away with it. Nice try Trumptard
- The data shows that the people of color are stopped by police 50% more often. Not everyone, who is stopped is accused of crime.
Yet every person, who was shot by the police wad stopped by the police.
Why is that? Trump supporter here justified this on the basis of race of other people, who commit some crimes.
- I would assume the police were stopping people because they had probable cause—at least in the vast majority of cases (I realize there are some bad eggs who break the rules). But if cops only pulled over murderers, for example, and they were right every single time, then they would pull over black persons at a rate 567% higher than non-black persons by necessity, according to your homicide rate numbers. If cops are pulling people over without probable cause, then that’s another story worthy of a lawsuit regardless of race.
- Which brings another point. If people are stopped purely based on race, they are more likely to be presumed guilty based on race. A person accused of a crime can't afford proper defense. So it's basically all on the DA. This 50% statistics is skewed and feeds into further criminalization of race.
- San Francisco is home to whites and Asians. Oakland is a better place if he wants interaction with black people.