TOP 25 Comments
- Amazon UUVv22It’s good news if it’s happening although it’s 10 years too late. The service companies are like leeches and will not let go so easily. They will look for every loophole that can be exploited and even indulge in fraud to try and squeeze in that cheap labor with mediocre skills. The Indian service companies along with others like cts should just be banned altogether for sanity to return to the ridiculous immigration wait times.
- As someone who has been on h1b for the last 14 years, with multiple pending petitions in eb2 and eb3, i know my numbers and facts very well. I stick to every world I’ve said and also add that the only reason for h1b backlash and Indians in general is thanks to the service companies and the fraudster consultants.
- What caused the sharp increase from 2013 to 2014? Is it more masters students or more outsourcing company filings?
- In a desperate attempt to increase revenue for American universities, Trump gave preference for Graduate students on lottery. Funny thing, he covered it up as they are doing skilled immigrants a favor.
- They are not doing anyone a favor. You can't take what someone already has and pretend that they are giving u in return for something else they want. Most american universities are useless. You can't say a IIT student is worser than a Masters student from a no name American university. India has good education and these days, have good exposure too. The only reason why they do masters here is to get a shot at Green Card. If you are not in any research groups in Stanford, MIT, CMU or likes of it, then your masters is waste. Even if you finish Masters from Stanford, just finishing off courses doesn't add any education value. When American education is not offering any educational value, forcing people to still pay for it by holding h1b as a hostage is not right. These people were qualified for the jobs they get hired even without this degree. Many American companies were directly hiring from India. Either way, they don't get Green Cards.
So I don't see any value offered. Only taken.Apr 110
- The quota got filled in less than a week. How is that a sign of dying down?