My first ever onsite with google. Easy questions. All unseen problems after 323 leets. Not happy talking to google people. Don't care attitude and one line answers. Hard to keep up the conversation. Everyone cribbing about the huge amount of work and its crazy. Poor time management by 3 of 5 interviewers. One of next interviewer lost its patience on current interviewer because of eating up the extra time. 2 of 5 coded well. Other 2 interviewers not looking so much for the code, more about discussion, time went by and Chromebook went empty (I wanted to have one working code). 1 interviewer, after writing two pseudo-code solutions, asked me to write brute force code instead of optimal code (why?). Five back to back 45 min interviews in hurry (no break in between).
Recently interviewed with amzn (pass), msft (pass), oci (pass), dropbox (fail), lyft (pass), uber (fail), airbnb (fail), hulu (pass), apple (waiting), and google (waiting).
My experience compared to other companies: the overall feeling is that my interaction with google folks was a disaster. I felt like I was set to fail.
- Microsoft MuskofElonEveryone is super nice but they are soo slow. No urgency to do anything. Bad attitude if they ever decide to get serious about their cloud business.
- Google / Engcome2daddyThey asked you to write un optimal code tp check if you have mugged up the most optimal solution or if you really understand the problem. Google’s interview is different and difficult from other’s simply because they look for this key attribute - ability to understand complex problems.
About people being slow , consider from other side. This is good for employees who have freedom to be slow. Part of culture. But yes, they do appreciate your concern and I can gaurantee there was no arrogance or foul play in keeping you waiting. It is all just part of chilled environment.
- Did you interview with cloud ? Have heard such stories from folks who interviewed with them .
- New NeedPrayerHow did you get calls from all those companies? Applied online or through referral? Curious to know especially about Lyft and Uber
- Google / EngGlassBearHonestly it just sounds like you were too slow on what might have been starter questions.
- SAP bad hombreWhat is your goal, just pass/fail check marks or take a job? I'm assuming some offers expired by now?
- Wow! 323 LC problems seems like a lot. How much time did it take you to solve al these problems?