Nov 1, 2017 157 Comments
TOP 157 Comments
- Facebook 🐙 🐢Yes of course it's bad.
Giving out any kind of resources/quota/opportunities based on factors that the individual CANNOT control (e.g. Race, gender) is DISCRIMINATORY. At least in a merit based system, EVERYONE has a shot at it.
Diversity based quotas go against the very thing you're trying to fix, making you look like hypocrites.Nov 2, 2017 6
- Except that discrimination on the basis of characteristics that you were born with is never ok. The moment you start saying X discrimination is OK, you open the flood gates to discriminating on basically any property you’re born with. This is the shit that people spent life times fighting against. To see it openly floated as an option is disgusting.
- New / Other ©️Legal challenge by themselves doesn't mean anything. There are tons of frivilous lawsuits. What you are saying is something I said earlier:
> I also never said all EO are legal. I also said Obama was lucky all challenges to it were stuck in various courts. EO in general are thorny topic for many, because it is a tactical weapon provided to executive branch. Legislative branch is generally unhappy when it is used as a far reaching tool. When legislative branch is impaired, these things get through, although my 2 cents are the founders of the Constitution likely thought that this spillage is acceptable and if the actions were painful enough, the legislative will stand up and reign in the executive.
If you read it carefully, you will realize that I clearly said, EO are thorny topic, even though executive has reigns over it. This is why Obama administration didn't do the EO for a really long time.
- 1. Socialism only works when people are forced to give their excess to the common good (ie government). Without doing so, the whole system collapses.
2. I don’t think a core tenant of communism is the suppression of other political views (although in practice that has been common).
3. Personality cults exist anytime you have more than 10 people in the same area. We have huge divides in the US over personality cults.
4. While something like the EU might personify freedom of movement, I think that’d be idealistic. If we look at many countries that dying as a result of socialism, we’d see that freedom of movement is not exactly something the government strives for.
- Lol @ all these anti diversity preachers not knowing this program helps more White Europeans have a chance to immigrate vs the sheer number of other groups. If you're importing groups of people to your country you don't want it dominated by any single group.
- US always had waves of Immigration from certain groups: Irish German Chinese Jews Vietnamese Mexican Indian. All blended fine. If merit cannot be judged, how can terrorism intent be judged? Merit at least has some markers such as degree, job offer and so on. Right now you accept anyone from DV without knowing their intent.Nov 1, 2017 1
- Cisco wowJesusCan’t agree more. Diversity is another way of discrimination. We embrace and respect diversity but can’t let diversity tag to lose real talents
- For everyone who opposes the diversity visa lottery, can you please explain to me how the program works? Since you have a strong opinion, you must be informed enough to know what you are opposing.
- Omg, he already successfully stopped so many programs, that... Oh, wait.
- New coder7Will those visas from diversity based be used for employee based, if this is successful?
- LinkedIn fuzzDiversity lottery is fine. Just because a few countries aren't eligible doesn't make it a bad program.