What will happen if all the H1bs in Bay Area asked to leave the country ASAP?Feb 8
Forget about the tech ..
Goto CVS pharmacy.. I find a H1b pharmacist
Goto PAMF hospital lot of doctors ,nurses,physio,etc are in H1bs
Goto a tax advisory services and again h1bs
Corp finance -H1bs -FP&A’s
All type of engineers
Math teachers ..
- Intel tar_xzvfIf you do so, America will be great again. I am surprised why are you guys not doing it already.
- Get real. No "civilized" country since Rome can live without slaves. Call then that, inmates, immigrants, permanent residents, it's all the same. At the end, they buy their freedom. If they're lucky. I know because I'm one of them. Presently discriminated on citizenship (US), race (white) and age.
- I think you're missing the point, 0C. Yes H1s are free to leave but not free to enter. Their contact is good as long as they put long hours for the employer and depend on the employer's for their ability to stay in the country. They're expendable, they know it and obey every employer's whim.
If this sounds like freedom to you, you don't know what freedom is.
- Microsoft / EngWwjjwjsh3037, no one except Indians will agree to your point. You cannot demand the same rights as the citizens just because you are skilled enough to get a work visa. I am pretty sure I don’t have freedom like the citizens when I go to other countries. I am appalled at some entitled Indians. It seems the brain works in a completely different way. FYI, I am an immigrant.7d2
- Amazon lolwhatThe deserving people will finally get the jobs. America will be great again.
If they deport all H1B turned citizens, then America will be even greater again.
- There aren't many h1b outside of tech because the massive h1b spam by Indian consulting firms is an effective denial of service attack.
In tech you can work out of Bangalore office while waiting a few years to get your visa. In most other industries there isn't that opportunity to work outside the country while waiting. There is also no OPT/STEM so the student visa approach is limited as well.
So they just can't really rely on h1b visa for their career. They have a harder time finding anyone to sponsor them and if they lose the first lottery that's likely game over.
It used to be a common visa for many occupations but after AC21 the Indian consulting companies really cranked up the h1b/i140 assembly line and spammed applications so hard it shuts everyone else out.
- Just googled it ..CVS has applied 180 LCAs in 2018...only last 15 years these Indian outsourcing companies started gaming the H1b system ..
- I checked by the profession pharmacist..check this site which has all the job categories ..