What’s your take on people rushing over to the border illegally?Nov 29
Liberal media feeds us with a different spin on even this issue but clearly these are people trying to get in illegally and exploit the immigration loop holes. I am liberal but I really feel like we are moving way too much to the left.
No matter how you see it is unacceptable for people to coordinatedly storm our border. Throwing stones is no way to seek asylum. The officers have a duty to stop these people.
The new breed of extreme leftists need to put law ahead of partisanship. Even if it was not Trump, I would expect any President to act strongly on this issue. Else it would only incentivize multiple mass mobs like this.
I am sad I voted for democrats who are doing this!
- People should come to US legally. Apply for a work visa, come for business to US on business visa, we also have farm visas, and visa in practically every category.
- Google / Enggoogler4I agree that the extreme left has a disproportionate voice in popular media and especially in tech.
But, what the fuck are you talking about? They're "rushing the border"? They're "throwing stones"??? All the caravan is doing is moving towards the US border to wait in line for asylum, that's anything but an act of aggression
- Tableau / EngHighonweedmoreThe pictures with throwing stones are 5 years old. https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/bloody-border-patrol-photo-is-five-years-old/Nov 291
- Okta nfcMSNBC can't even say "peaceful women & children seeking asylum" with a straight face anymore -
- Wtf? Are you really this stupid? Yes, they have tried to enter by force just like they did with all the other borders along the way. And yes, they have thrown stones at the border patrol agents. Just because they didn’t show the footage on cnn doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Here, educate yourself: https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kPYsJ_1543273411Nov 293
- Google / EngzssmoreI hate trump more than anything, but do agree that US needs strong laws and enforcement to stop illegal immigration
- Apple ijyA68The issue is really about political power. Democrats know first generation immigrants are likely to vote Democrat. The more people crossing the border, the closer they get to a permanent electoral majority. That’s all that is going on here.
- So, conservatives believe that in order to stay in power they need to prevent certain people from being enfranchised?
Hmm, idk if that’s really the most flattering defense of increasing immigration restrictions.
If women lost the vote, Republicans would have a permanent majority.
- Why US should accept asylum is a question. The money from taxpayers should be spend either on US people or something beneficial to US people. Asylum seems never meeting any of the two.
- Homeaway starbuc
- Yes this is correct.
But understand what’s going on here in reality. Many of these people are not even eligible for an asylum technically. They fill out their asylum papers, enter the country and disappear into various parts of the country. And they become illegal immigrants after that since they know they have no legal grounds for an asylum. Many people frankly are just using this process to get around the border security and then continue to live undocumented.
- If they are seeking asylum, “rushing” the border isn’t illegal.
Why not move all these government employees that have so much time to appear in the media to the border to process applications?
- But understand what’s going on here in reality. Many of these people are not even eligible for an asylum technically. They fill out their asylum papers, enter the country and disappear into various parts of the country. And they become illegal immigrants after that since they know they have no legal grounds for an asylum. Many people frankly are just using this process to get around the border security and then continue to live undocumented.
- Microsoft HaloWensHow was this never an issue during the obama era? Did this never happen back then?
- Spotify Nm3z2fmoreI’m hella liberal. That said, border crossing is incredibly dangerous and does our country a good deal of financial damage. With that said our immigration process is a bit broken right now between family separation and years and years of a wait to be heard in immigration court. Searching for financial and social freedom is understandable and should require someone to go through a process. Seeking asylum if you fear for your life is a bit different though.