When will Indians and Asians back Trump on illegal immigration? Ronil Singh RIPJan 8
Ronil singh, a california cop was shot to death by illegal immigrant with multiple DUIs....Day after christmas.
Left 5 month old baby behind.
When will Asians realize that the Pelosi Democrats are not friends of Asians?
SB54 is great for whom?
- New / EnghubI’m an Indian and I wholeheartedly support Trump on illegal immigration issue. Wall will definitely reduce illegal immigration significantly. My fellow Indians, wall is as important as we have the border fencing with Bangladesh and Pakistan. Border fencing in India, doesn’t stop all the illegal activities completely but it does reduce it significantly. This wall will have the similar effect. Build the wall.
- It is very effective. Here’s how it well it works for Hungary’s southern border: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_border_barrier
- India, China, and other populated countries in Asia have huge numbers of super-competitive people, some of whom come to the US on H1B and do well here. Many probably wouldn't stand a chance of survival in those countries on merit if threatened by a tiny fraction of them here on H1B! That's where the anger comes from.
- Trump can’t fix the problem because he has no idea how illegal immigrants get into the country.
- There’s nothing that can’t be tracked in the Information Age. That’s why we don’t need a wall. It would be easier to solve this problem on the demand side. If illegals were really a problem we could just shut down businesses that hire illegals, then they wouldn’t have a reason to come here.Jan 85
If you were seriously trying to stop illegal immigration, it has little to do with a wall. The reason people come is to work. If you crack down on business that employ illegal immigrants, what are so many people going to do without work. People will stop coming.
Even this president has always hired illegal immigrants to lower costs. Employment is the real root.Jan 85
- Fact: Native citizens have higher crime rate than illigal immigrants.
Anecdotal evidences don't count for policymaking.
- This is true, but I don't think they are concerned with facts.
The manipulation is to select an antidotal case which conflates the idea of illegal immigrants with a violent murderer.
No one supports a murderer. That on it's own is abhorrent.
Removing illegal aliens would not reduce the rate of murder, actually the opposite. Illegal immigrants have to abide by the laws more carefully, because they have the additional risk of deportation.
President Trump during the campaign: “We’re going to build the wall” and “it’s going to paid for by Mexico. 100%. 100%.”
President Trump today: “I would say Mexico is going to pay for it. Obviously ... I never meant they’re going to write out a check.”
Anyone who thinks he is going to help h1b is kidding. Wait and watch to see what is he trying to get out of this for himself.
- Doesn’t contradict what I said too. Immigration was not on priority of GOP and this was just a show. They knew they can never paas immigration without dems. When O was president he could do it either as republicans wont agree. I will simplify for you, who so ever is in opposition will play the game so claiming GOP is the party is far from thr truth.
- Why are democrats averse to idea of legal immigration reform? Bring in a legislation for legal immigrants alone and put it to a vote. You will know where the priorities lie for each party. Why should it be all or nothing? Why should legal and illegal be put in the same bucket? Why should legal be held hostage to illegal blanket amnesty when they decided to come here the right way? Why did democrats declare that they will not let any legal immigration bill pass through unless there is also blanket amnesty for their vote bank? Why are you considered a dreamer only if your parents brought you to this country illegally? Why are children of h1b who came to this country when they were infants and have to go back once they are 21 due to their parents being stuck in the backlog not considered dreamers by libtards? I can go on and on on the double standards of the phony liberals. The republicans, for good or for bad, are at least straight about it. They don’t go around putting one against the other. The liberals will speak about a just system but stab you in the back when it actually comes to walk the talk. They are only concerned about their future vote bank and nothing else. The republicans are probably the same but they are also open about it.
Why are democrats averse to idea of legal immigration reform? Bring in a legislation for legal immigrants alone and put it to a vote. You will know where the priorities lie for each party. Why should it be all or nothing?
That’s what trump is doing? All or nothing ? Holding so many agencies and people’s pay for getting a wall. He could agree and let other agencies get paid and stop the govt. shutdown non-sense! Is trump a democrat? Lol
- I don’t care about the wall. I am talking about a specific issue that concerns me personally. This is the exact problem I have with libtards. We are discussing legal immigration and they bring in stuff about the wall and illegals. How is the wall even relevant to h1b and gc backlogs. Why do They have to be intermingled? Gsw you may have a big heart and may want all the illegals to become citizens before the legals but as someone who has been in this country for last 15 years, and someone who has paid all his taxes and as someone who has us born children, I don’t have as big a heart as you do and am not ok playing second fiddle to illegals. The day democrats consider ppl like me to be more deserving of a just immigration system than the border jumpers I’ll come back to rooting for them. Good luck with your dream of legalizing border jumpers.
We are discussing legal immigration and they bring in stuff about the wall and illegals. How is the wall even relevant to h1b and gc backlogs.
You need to first understand how these politicians work. I’m sorry but the comment above indicates that you think that world and US politics are fair game. They aren’t, these politicians are bought by lobbyist and they only do what keeps them in power.
To answer your question -“Obama tried to paas immigration reform and it didn’t happen, GOP hated the guy, they couldn’t digest for years (probably life) that a non White is in WH. Mitch McConell blocked many of his initiatives for no real reason but due to the fact that he is a democrat.
Similarly dems hate 45 (not as much as GOP hated O) and he has changed the landscape of U.S.A. I wont list all that but the bottom line is that its politics and unless each party has “things to show” to base they wont agree.
I wish you good luck with your baby and h1b to citizenship path. I’m aware how hard it is to go throuhg that. Also I don’t support illegals but do support asylum seeker and legit cases where people need help. I just cant stand the con-man. I’m not even a democrat. I vote based on candidate and last November voted for some republicans and some democrats based of what they stood for!!!
- I do understand politics and what you are saying is that democrats are lobbied by the illegal/Latino base so what is there in it for me? The bill that Obama and bush before that tried to pass were both rejected not because they were fixing the legal immigration logjam but because they were giving amnesty. Separate the two issues and follow a piecemeal approach. Get what you can get done but democrats have opposed that. You want to be naive and think this is because they care about legal immigrants then you are entitled to your opinion. FWIW I earnestly backed (cannot vote) Obama in 2008. Was utterly disappointed with his first term and hypocrisy towards legal immigrants and turned away from the Democratic Party totally. They’ve done nothing to convince me otherwise in the following years.Jan 111
- Go check how Bush (republican) gave path to illegals when he was the president. You said dems are for illegals but a republican president gave illegals path to citizenship and they all got in line same as h1b/others. After that neithe party has done anything real. Lip-Service doesn’t count.
45 is a con-man and has been all his life, the Netflix documentary shows who he is plus he said he will take care of DACa ahead of anything for legals but you don’t seem to have an issue with that as you are already sold on supporting republicans.
Why didn’t republican senator pass a law by 51 votes using nuclear option and solve legal immigration issue in last two years? They are all for self. They don’t care for legal or illegal or us citizen but for themselves first.
- When Trump stops calling us terrorists and starts supporting Medicare for all instead of an idiotic border wall that won’t stop illegals anyways.
- I don’t understand this question. Most Indians and Asians come to USA legally and would support Trump against illegal immigration.
- Republicans are against legal family migration. Heck they are against all legal migration. Wait times for naturalization have doubled under Trump. Refugee limits drastically slashed. Makes you wonder if they even support immigration or not, living in a country of immigrants. Why would we negotiate with someone with bad faith?
- Indian and Asian immigrants(first generation) already support Trump. What are you talking about? I haven’t met one that loves Dems.
- The Indians who who’ve been in this country on a visa for over 10-12 years know that their only hope to get any respite from the ridiculous backlog mess is under a republican regime. The millennials and fobs on the other hand will keep singing the liberal praises for the next 10-15 years before the reality hits them. These same hypocrites will also be hardcore supporters of a right wing regime in India.
- Illusion - any legal reform has to be bi-partisan. That’s the reason people are on visa for 10-12 years as both parties are busy fighting illegal immigration politics. When they are done with that they will may be think about legal work visa holders. You may be too old to read by then.
- Both parties are fighting illegal immigration because any proposed legislature for legal immigration reform alone gets filibustered by the democrats. They want an all or nothing deal and thus hold legals hostage until the illegals get blanket amnesty. They are even ok with doing nothing for legals if the daca bill can be passed without them. Republicans on the other hand are more open to a piecemeal approach where we tackle the legal immigration issue first which is also a low hanging fruit. Yes it is politics but I know which side of the political divide I am on. The Indians supporting liberals are just shooting themselves in the foot because the all or nothing is never going to happen. And also how many illegals or daca beneficiaries do you see endorsing the legal immigration reform. It’s each person/community for itself in this world.
- Most Indians those who are legally here not abusing the system wholeheartedly support the Trump's stance not just against illegals but also weeding about abuse in legal immigration
- New / EnghzFR57moreI know almost everyone supports Trump and it seems because Dems are more bull shit. At least this guy has some good stuff - illegal imm, merit imm, business friendly, ppl make their own money instead of MY money!!
- Amazon bandwagonMost of us aren't stupid enough to believe the line "we don't hate immigrants just illegals."
They hate us too. It's a thin line between "one of the good ones" and "another one of those".
Also the border wall is just stupid. Make Mexico pay for it as promised.
- That’s what the Democrats want you to believe. The republicans are the only ones who care about legal immigrants and actually want to do something about the broken immigration laws:
“H1-B holders in the United States can rest assured that changes are soon coming which will bring both simplicity and certainty to your stay, including a potential path to citizenship. We want to encourage talented and highly skilled people to pursue career options in the U.S.”
- Google l4fw9cConvince them that the Dems will give illegals amnesty before they get green cards 😂
- Snapchat chickenluIndians are generally against illegal immigration, because they don’t have that option. They’re all waiting for h1b and green cards (legally) while watching illegal immigrants come in and settle down. But the wall is just nonsense. There are smarter ways to curb illegal immigration.
- Nice try. I am an Indian and Trump is equally bad for everyone. You gotta be a fool to be ready to jump off a cliff in return of a cookie. After the jump. That too salty.
- Trump reads blind or what? He tweeted today that he'll help h1b immigrants to citizenship. (Not the border jumpers)
- This whole thread is a contrived bullshit straw man fallacy. Nobody’s in favor of illegal immigration.