I will be soon joining Bloomberg at the NYC office and will prefer to stay within half hour travel from the office. (one side)
Is staying in Hoboken/New Port a good option? Or any other area in NJ, from where I can go to Bloomberg office?
I have head really pathetic reviews about PATH, so just curious. Don't wanna stay in NYC and pay extra city tax.
NJ rent budget: 2K
NYC rent budget: 1.6K (because I will be paying extra tax in NYC)
P.S: Asking for a friend.
TC at Bloomberg: 160K
- Microsoft isn't all that. Not saying Bloomberg is better but in terms of happiness location plays a big part.
For the record Microsoft isn't really in Seattle. It's a 40 min drive away with traffic give or take. 20 with no traffic at all, but it's still very suburban. Different to NYC.Nov 241
- Bloomberg / Engtier1Lol why’s everyone always hating on Bloomberg like a bad ex? I’m having fun here.
- Bloomberg is doing some really exciting projects. That is the reason why I am joining them as well. Of course it depends on the team as well
- One of my friends lives In Secaucus, NJ. Bus takes 15-20 mins + 15 min walk to 120 Park office or 10 min subway to 731
- Hey I will be joining Bloomberg soon as well. Although I have been working in NYC only. I live in Harrison which is like 50-60 mins commute but u can get a really good appartment for a decent price. Btw curious how many years of experience do u have and which team did u join
- I mean you could get roommates. Nothing in Manhattan is that cheap. Consider East Harlem, it's relatively inexpensive, easy to get to Bloomberg, and lovely IMO.