For the record Microsoft isn't really in Seattle. It's a 40 min drive away with traffic give or take. 20 with no traffic at all, but it's still very suburban. Different to NYC.
Where to stay (If work at Bloomberg NYC office)
I will be soon joining Bloomberg at the NYC office and will prefer to stay within half hour travel from the office. (one side)
Is staying in Hoboken/New Port a good option? Or any other area in NJ, from where I can go to Bloomberg office?
I have head really pathetic reviews about PATH, so just curious. Don't wanna stay in NYC and pay extra city tax.
NJ rent budget: 2K
NYC rent budget: 1.6K (because I will be paying extra tax in NYC)
P.S: Asking for a friend.
TC at Bloomberg: 160K
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- ZocDoc not_HotdogMicrosoft isn't all that. Not saying Bloomberg is better but in terms of happiness location plays a big part.
For the record Microsoft isn't really in Seattle. It's a 40 min drive away with traffic give or take. 20 with no traffic at all, but it's still very suburban. Different to NYC.Nov 24, 20181
- Bloomberg / Engtier1Lol why’s everyone always hating on Bloomberg like a bad ex? I’m having fun here.
- Bloomberg is doing some really exciting projects. That is the reason why I am joining them as well. Of course it depends on the team as well
- One of my friends lives In Secaucus, NJ. Bus takes 15-20 mins + 15 min walk to 120 Park office or 10 min subway to 731
- Hey I will be joining Bloomberg soon as well. Although I have been working in NYC only. I live in Harrison which is like 50-60 mins commute but u can get a really good appartment for a decent price. Btw curious how many years of experience do u have and which team did u join
- I mean you could get roommates. Nothing in Manhattan is that cheap. Consider East Harlem, it's relatively inexpensive, easy to get to Bloomberg, and lovely IMO.