Which state should I move to, Portland, OR, Salt Lake City, UT, Seattle, WA, Austin TX, or Denver, CO?
Here’s a background about me:
I’m Chinese American. I have a few years in Software Engineering and looking to transition to sales engineering and/or product management roles. I grew up and raised in NYC basically my entire life and I’m looking to relocate for a better quality of life while I can earn more and save more (reason I don’t want to stay in NYC and neither want to go to SF due to cost of living)
A couple of things I choose these location is one of the followings:
* Great weather all year long and amazing national parks around the local area. (I love hiking)
* Tech Job Opportunities (I’m looking to grow my career into the sales engineering and product management path)
* Opportunity to make higher income while saving more money and taxes.
* Opportunity to house hack (not looking to pay high house mortgages that SF and NYC currently has)
* Looking to build a real estate empire
* Do anyone have gone through a similar situation and would love to share?
* How would you rank those states to live and work towards the FIRE (Financial independence and Retired Early) path from 1 - 5 (most prefer and least prefer)?
* Any thoughts you can comment on this post?