How many days to do all of these? I was thinking about 2 weeks. Anyone have any recommendations on doing this trip? I was thinking fly into vegas, do Zion, Bryce, antelope + horseshoe bend, and then Grand Canyon. Drive back to Vegas. It kind of seems like a lot of driving and hiking. I enjoy hiking and being outside but have never done such a long trip with national parks. Also has anyone done these in October? I was thinking mid to late October. I think it will be a little cooler than earlier months but not cold per say.
TOP 9 Comments
- eBay pipe_dreamGoogle for the term Grand circle, you can base your trip based on the above route and add/remove places accordingly.
- Juniper / Eng n71ghtymoreHope this helps, OP.
Nov 1 - Thu
8:30PM Get down at vegas and go to zion (150 N State St, La Verkin, UT 84745, United States of America)
Nov 2 - Fri
07:00AM ---> Narrows hike
01:00PM ---> Lunch and start to horse shoe bend (2hrs)
(We could go to bryce canyon national park if we aren't sore -> extra 1.5 hrs)
03:30PM ---> Horse shoe bend
05:50PM ---> Start to 207 North Lake Powell Boulevard, Page, AZ 86040, United States of America (10 mins)
Nov 3 - Sat
08:00AM ---> Breakfast & start to Antelope canyon tour (22 South Lake Powell Blvd Page AZ 86040) (5 mins)
01:00PM ---> Lunch and Start to grand canyon (2 h 40 mins)
03:00PM ---> Go to train and see sunset
07:00PM ---> Stay at Red Roof Inn (642 East Route 66, Williams, AZ 86046, United States of America) (1 h)
Nov 4 - Sun
08:00AM ---> Breakfast & start to Vegas (2000 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89104, United States of America) (3 h 30 mins)
01:00PM ---> Lunch & gambling
08:00PM ---> Dinner & strip
Nov5 - Mon
- Clever Devices / Eng 72offsuitI flew in to Albuquerque NM, spent a bit over 2 weeks doing Petrified forest, Grand Canyon, Zion, Brice, canyonlands, etc.. spent 2-3 nights at each, and spent about 4-8 hours driving between stops depending on how you route it. Circled back to Sante Fe and Alb at the end
- So looking at your route it seems you mean South rim of GC? I would suggest going to North one instead. Better views, less people, shorter drive for you. I would also add canyonlands and arches NPs.
- Atlassian !availableI would add death valley, arches np and capitol reef np to the list.
Vegas-zion-bryce-arches-capitol reef-antelope-horseshoe bend-grand canyon-vegas-death valley-vegas.
Death valley can be optional based on which week of October you are planning to visit. It’s pleasant towards the end of October.
Have done this loop in December and with right gear its fun!