"I ultimately resolved to break my silence," the memo says. "And though I eventually grew more comfortable using challenging moments to educate my co-workers, I never stopped feeling the burden of being black at Google. And the more insensitive comments weighed on me, the less safe I felt here -- and the less capable I was of being my best self at work, or myself at all."
Flagged by the community.
- Google eK8vhDThe article describes the complaints as being uncomfortable with others' comments on political issues. There's no indication of discriminatory behavior or harassment.
How is this different from the right wing snowflakery that Blind routinely mocks?
- I don’t doubt Trump supporters feeling ostracized, it’s just when they string together random things to make a shoddy plot out of it that strains belief.
This one seems like someone just giving their personal impression. I’ve heard similar things from Latinos I know in tech and tbh I’ve felt similar things regarding economic background.Aug 15 1
- Microsoft baito“tbh I’ve felt similar things regarding economic background.”
Dude please. You take a sample size of engineers in tech and I can guarantee you majority of them came from poor to middle class. You have some chip on your shoulder and you tend to see rich people everywhere oppressing you or some shit
No one and I mean no one gives a shit about anyone’s economic background here. There are no children of oil barons working with us looking down on us.Aug 15 5
- No, I mean being surprised by ignorance about certain aspects of life that I assumed everyone who grew up here knew about.
I don’t think I’m oppressed like Jews or black people or lgbt people have been, just exploited like pretty much everyone here.
Sorry to trigger you - just an accident.Aug 15 1
- Don't bother reading if you haven't.
Same old willfully twisted arguments about blacks being under represented without referring to the number of black CS graduates (or even college graduate) etc.
And with regards to his comments on people of color, aren't Asians, Indians and some Middle Easterners people of color? They all seem to be doing fine.