- Women in ...The auto mechanic industry is a sausage fest. They are clearly descriminating against women. We must put a stop to this! Also, same problem in constr
- Virtual Tech conference for mid level women in tech, career growth advicehttps://elevate.girlgeek.io/ Free virtual conference for mid level women in tech, more experienced tech women are sharing their knowledge on career d
HealthNow / EngPlateaux
- Muh Misogyny‘Grand Theft Auto 5’ more profitable than any film or book. Ever! We all know how lame games would be if designed by the liberal feminazis. Anita Sark
- Gender Pay Gap Solved: Dont have kids in career building years.I read this and thought I’d share. Seems NYTimes has figured out the solution. Women are having babies at the wrong time. Quote: “The issue, in gener
Amazon / PMGucci Gang
- How do I ask my male boss to stop giving me administrative tasks when he hired me as a program manager?I make $130k and have plenty of project work to do, but he asks me to do administrative tasks that don't even relate to my role.
New / PMVKtl17
- Networking opportunities for women in San FranciscoHello ladies, I recently moved to the city and want to network with fellow geek sisters. Any good meet up recommendations?!
- Attn: Early Stage Tech startup FoundersNeed a tribe? Pre-series A fb group just launched to help pool resources, Q &A, talent aquisition, money, technical conversations, and hustle support.
LUXLOCK / PMTqdh46
- Advice for dad of two daughters interested in technical disciplinesI have two girls, both in elementary school. One loves programming in scratch and science (all fields); the other is extremely tech savvy. Both girls
Amazon / Engama64
- What's next?When do we want to stop trying hard to survive in male-oriented community and instead have the guys to attend those women in tech meetings to make the
- Women on Blind: are you surprised by replies?I’m reading through threads and Blind feels like the rest of the internet: misogynistic, hostile, rampant trolling (I contribute to this). The folks m
- When to tell my Boss that I am Pregnant ?Hi I am 5 weeks pregnant- what is best time to tell my boss about my pregnancy ? Should I tell her now or after first trimester is over? I don't wan
Intuit / OtherThe
- Women in STEM podcastHello! I'm working on a podcast that talks about ways of increasing female respresentation in STEM. Would love to talk to a few who are in it to gain
- How to find mentor - working mom@fbI joined Facebook in August 2017 and was on maternity leave from December , planning to come back to work early April. Postpartum or whatever it is ,
- How many women know as a matter of fact that they are being paid less ( way less ) than their male counterparts ? Did you see proof of gender pay gap ? Have you gathered or stumbled upon facts that show that you’re as a matter of fact being paid less than you male
- Looking for a roommate, female preferred, move in April, near AppleHey I’m looking for a roommate to share a 2bd/2ba, ideally close to Apple, and pay around $17-1800 in rent per person. I liked Monticello when I tou
- Lack of diversity among women in tech I’ve been in tech for about 11 years and would say over 80% of female engineers are Asian and generally from other countries. Where are all the other
Amazon / EngBQmt10
- Pregnant & changing jobs Found out recently that I am pregnant. I am currently in negotiations for a new job at a different company. Should I tell them before signing/joining?
- Girls who codeWhat should my sister expect from the girls who code application? Is there anything in particular that they look for? It doesn’t ask for teacher recs,
- PregnancyI am in my first trimester of pregnancy. I feel sick most of the time. Do you think it's ok to tell my manager about my condition so that I can wfh mo
- SWE MentorHi Ladies, I’m in my first semester of senior undergrad. Would any of you be willing to chat with me and give me feedback on career choices, preparati
- TimesUp for the gender pay gapProgress is being made! -48% of companies say they're reviewing their pay policies with an eye toward closing the compensation gap between male and f
Bumble / EngSknxla
- Becky Gansert Named Vice President of Global Specialty Fulfillment What do you think? How’d that happen?
Amazon / Opschnge crs
- is awsai so bad for women and in tech in general?i have seen a post from anima in my FB and Twitter accounts that she got badly shout and harrassed. is that true? should we always be on the receiving
- Women go into science careers more often in countries without gender equality.Article: https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/02/globally-women-tend-to-avoid-science-careers-even-when-theyre-good-at-it/
- Short woman / overcoming condescension? I’m a quite short (5’1”) woman who looks about 15 years younger than my true age. I’ve continuously run into problems in my career with condescension,
- “Being aggressive” as a womanAs a product manager, I am typically in meetings where the men are pounding their fists on the table. Yet, when I try to “be heard” by mimicking them
- DiversityDo you believe our company truly values diversity or does it merely value the appearance of it?
- Lean In bookThoughts? I found myself nodding a couple of times. I thought there were few things to pick here n there.
- Do most women negotiate their offer?I read an article which said that 70% of women took the first offer while men negotiate like crazy. I know for me, if the offer is good, I tend to ac
- Along with pay parity, should corporate promote women friendly work environment?Lot of women miss on career progression because of family responsibilities and caring for kids. Timing wise, it becomes unmanageable, Shouldn’t there
- Sexist interview questions I went to an interview from 6:30-7:30pm. I met a top exec of a fast growing tech company. His first question was: “Do you have children?” I said yes,
- Woman time I feel outnumbered everywhere I go in Silicon Valley. Where do you go to recharge, escape men, and have time with other women?
- Options after EAD expirySo my wife’s working with an employer who are sponsoring to apply for her visa this year. However, her H4 EAD’s about to expire after April next year
- Nris and arranged marriageI recently moved to the us and as a single guy am striving hard to be a good future-husband and future-parent. Trying my best to improve my credit sco
- Data science MS looking for SWE co-founder. Hi everyone! I'm looking for an open minded co-founder to chat about an idea I've been mulling over. Looking into making a mobile app that empowers l
Apple / Engdatadomme
- Poll"You make me so proud."I suggested a procedure change for bug reporting on a project I am working on and showed the testers how to use it. The manager for the project (not
Boeing / Engturanga
- Women stricter on women (interviews)I recently had an interview (internal transfer, PM position) and I felt my interviewers (who were all women) were very unwelcoming and were picking on
- Out of work for last 4 years due to health and family reasons and now looking to join back! What are the options?My wife took break from work for last 4 years due to health and family reasons and now wants to join the tech world. What are options and how to go ab
- How to dress for a FANG interview?Is business clothes too formal/pretentious? Not sure how casual to go. -female in tech
- Intern hireAsking for a friend, she is in final semester of her Masters program, about to graduate in May. Do companies hire her as intern now as she can’t apply
Microsoft / Engstevejo
- "You Guys"If you are in a team meeting, and one of the team members uses "you guys" when talking to the group is that offensive to females in the group and if
- #MeToo hasn’t gone far enoughFacebook COO Sheryl Sandberg is exactly right: “The question is not if #MeToo has gone too far, but if #MeToo has gone far enough.” ‘We need to end
- Does crossing your arms or folding a sweater mean you think men are looking at your breasts?As a man, I try to be very scrupulous about not looking at a woman's breasts when talking to her. Nonetheless, a woman will sometimes cross her arms o
- Trying to help Stay at home momsHow to start working for remote jobs as stay at home mom in India? Any references? The candidate is from a good university in India. Holds computer sc
Oracle / EngZynga
New / OtherStarknome
- Sexist vs light hearted jokes Now that women in tech is growing and women can raise voice against harassments and movements like #metoo are gaining popularity let’s discuss which w
- Hyundai Glovis CEO caught up in #MeToo? Utterly shocking post about Hyundai Glovis CEO KBK on the Korean Blind. Translation... “we should go a second round on Friday, 19th” => “second roun
New / EngJkldd