- link Verizon throttling the fire department data during an emergency People from Verizon, what’s the climate like over there with this rather unfortunate fiasco all over the web. https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/21/17765682/verizon-california-throttled-wildfires #verizon
- Hilarious Verizon Support, nice people though! I just got off a call from Verizon Support with additional 8GB of data for the rest of the month. The reason for my call was to find out why I'm out of data (it's says I used all of 12GB + any carry over from last month) which never happened before, my data usage trend for past months stayed between
- What’s the cheapest carrier for unlimited data? Currently using Verizon and paying 85$ a month. Looking for something cheaper. Don’t care much about text/call as I rarely use them. I honestly don’t use lots of data as well since i always connect to WiFi but it feels safer to have that unlimited. Thank you!
- link Why is location data important? So the news has been talking about mobile carriers selling location data. I get that this is a huge privacy infringement but how are the “bad guys” practically and creatively using this information? I could see how location data would help in emergency situations but other than that I don’t see wha
- Help with internship offers Hi, I have two internship offer for data science intern role 1. Autodesk - San Francisco 2. Verizon media - South Bay Can some share thoughts and help me decide on which one would look better in resume, learning opportunities and future prospects (Currently, pursuing masters from San Jose state
- What are the options for short term phone subscriptions? My parents will be visiting Bay Area soon for 1-2 months stay. I am looking for temporary phone line options for them, just for emergency communication. Adding them to my existing line is not the best option. Should I just get a family plan with 2 lines from AT&T or Verizon; or are there more econom
- Work phone/plans at FB 1. are people allowed to port their numbers in? Do people actually do it or they carry two phones? Is work mail/messenger accessible from personal phone at all? If yes, what then can work phone do that personal one can't? Can personal phone be on Wi-Fi within the office? 2. how does international r