- Yelp SWE- Data Mining Entry level salary Asking for a friend. New grad, bachelors no intern conversion or whatever.
- How is ML work at Yelp? Anyone has experience working on data science or machine learning engineering at Yelp? Is it a good place?
- Moving into engineering management role. I want to leave Yelp to be an EM at a stronger and bigger tech company like FB, Lyft, Pinterest etc. I have been an EM at Yelp via internal movement but not sure how to prepare for EM interviews at bigger tech firms. Do I have to be really strong at data structure, OOD and algorithms questions?
- Optimizely v/s Yelp I recently received an offer from Yelp to join as a software engineer and work on search related problems. I also managed to get an offer from Optimizely from their Data Infrastructure team as a distributed systems engineer. Yelp has given out an initial comp package as 120k base and 115k RSUs over
- Evaluating offers Posting for a friend who's trying to decide between multiple offers. The position at Facebook is Data Engineer and still open for negotiation, while the rest are SDE1s and fully negotiated. He's currently inclined towards FB, but not entirely sure. What's the best place for someone who's just starti
- Tier rankings for the tech companies If you have problems with discussing tiers, then GTFO of this post. These rankings are based off the data points from other tier blind posts, If you think these rankings are off, then please comment with your own rankings. Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on r
- Need Referrals for New Grad Computer Science Hey everybody, I am currently pursuing a Masters in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota. Will be graduating in May of this year (2019) and I am currently looking for a job after that! I have been doing Leetcode since about 3 months now (~400 questions in) I can send resume + pro
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points