72k split over 2 years
152 base + 115 rsu units (standard Amazon vesting schedule 5,15 etc)
65k sign on
155 base + 130k rsu (25% /y)
- Amazon doesn't have ESPP and 401k sucks
- How does Apple / Amazon compare w.r.t compensation at performance appraisals
- what's the typical rsu grants given year over year at these companies
- Apple seems to have good employee benefits compared to Amazon
- Amazon zstopJust go to Apple and thank me later. Amazon stock will keep growing and your hike gets subdued by it and total compensation BS. This year I got 15% hike theoretically with no real hike (0.5% base increment)
- Amazon CybermndayJust for the record, Amazon stock went up 60% this year.
Maybe number of RSUs didn’t go up, but at the end of the day you can sell what you have and get 15% more than originally planned.
But I agree, I wish it wasn’t based on stock price but number of RSUs. All of us would have been rich now 😁
- SEVENROOMS / Eng DEADB33FmoreAs much as I am not a fan of Amazon, Washington has no state income tax so you effectively keep an additional 10% of your money
- What is your profile?
Based on the org and team you will get refresher around 75-100% each year if you perform above and beyond
- I switched from amazon to Apple 5 years ago. Apple is way better than amazon wrt to benefits and employee happiness. Also no on call and RSU refreshers are great if u are a good performer. Really high refereshers . Note though like all big companies depends on your team and org. AmA.
- Apple NohandleI worked for both companies , if you only care about money Apple is awesome . If you wish to learn engineering aspect of things amazon is better . If you wish to grow in management aspect go for Apple