Got 2 offers,
Uber senior 2: TC 400k per year assume $40 per share Rsu
Google l4: TC 330k per year
I knew level wise Uber senior 2 is much better than google l4 which is not negotiable
But google is much closer for commute, better team gcp, better benefit, culture and prestige.
Wondering am I too weird if I refer google over Uber?
Got 2 offers,
- Amazon / Eng HooliganssmoreBeing assured a solid team is huge. Would take Google. And, a shorter commute is nothing to sneeze at.
- Akamai Technologies / Other TechrulezFor those advising to take a job because of a higher level ranking/title... how important is a title outside of said organization? I personally would take better commute/benefits/pay.
- I’m from Uber and is advising you to go for Google because of better team... You can always come to Uber after your stint at Google. We love ex-Googlers!
- Uber secondary shares are at $33 and preferred share at $48. Since no one is getting preferred stock now, Wondering how did you get to $40? Was it just average of the two?
- Google / Product callofwild100% google, if you replaced Uber with almost any other major tech company, I would say probably that company.
- Uber am no oneWhat prestige does Google give you? 9 years of experience JUNIOR developer? It only make you look bad. You’re good not because you join Google (actually many people are not strong there), you’re good because you’re good.