I have come to a conclusion that Disney and all of its subsidiaries are currently not hiring H1B candidates or candidates with a visa in USA. It only prefers Green Card holders and US Citizens. What is up with that?
TOP 28 Comments
- Amazon pupper41Companies aren't required to hire H1B's. Beggars can't be choosers. You should feel lucky that you can even find a job as an H1B
- Amazon / Eng BeffJezos!moreBeggers? Lol. We earn more, save more, and are smarter at STEM than the usual American. All the big companies that require software engineering as a core skill for business freely take H1Bs. Why do you think they do that? Also, check the CEOs of the Big 4, all immigrants. Don't be offensive brother. Peace.Apr 3, 2019 0
- ADP kuzU71I'm sorry, but if there are US candidates, why would they not hire them?
- Microsoft / Eng wassaupmoreI am an immigrant but this should be the default. H1B has been badly abused to hire people willing to sacrifice their personal life and devote themselves into work. This is destroying Bay area and tech industry in general, not to mention interview is turning into like college entrance exam in Asian countries. It is totally disregarding communication and other more important traits. This will fundamentally destroy the industry for the long term. If anything, Asian companies will do better at this and US companies will lose the edge unless this trend of morphing into Asian companies stops. If Asian model was better, I would say go for it but if that were true, Asian companies should have been doing a far better job, right? I have yet to see any major tech companies who can sell outside of their own countries though. But that is up until now. Before it is too late, US companies should hire Americans first then hire foreign workers if there still is shortage.
- it is illegal to discriminate based on citizenship. except if you need an h1b
- The attempt to replace US workers with H1B went wrong , and then to avoid "media shame" they stopped H1B hiring completely.. The laid off US workers were not brought back , all the jobs were outsourced to contractors and others shipped to Asia offices..
- Capital One / Eng zidanemoreTo be honest we're having a lot of trouble to hire people after our company stopped h1b recruitment, what's happening is if you don't find good qualified people here and still want your work done and can't recruit on visa what do you think organizations do... They outsource to get those jobs done!