I received an offer from an Alphabet company (Wing, doing drone delivery) 2 days back for a software engineering role.
The recruiter mentioned that their levels are the same as what Google offers, so the the maximum they can offer would be whatever is maximum for a L4 at google. I have 2yoe after my MS in CS (and 3 yoe before MS).
Current: 150k base, 250k unvested stock (publicly tradable)
Offer: 148k base (15% target bonus) , 10k sign-on (relocation separate), 70k options (similar to L4 median offer at Google, except no GSU :( )
Expecting to hear back from Amazon, FB, Uber soon. The recruiter mentioned they would not be negotiating any further, and the offer is final.
1. The maximum L4 base at Google that I've seen on blind is around 160k. Has anyone been successful in negotiating >160k base for L4?
2. They are offering a lower base (recruiter is saying the bonus would make up for the deficit). Is it advisable to move for a lower base salary from future comp point of view?
3. Any way to value the 70k options?
4. I have an onsite scheduled for Google as well, do Alphabet companies compete with google (in terms of offering higher comp)?
5. How's the work culture at Wing in general, they've won a few regulatory battles recently, so is the team pumped up? What are the chances that this can be a unicorn?
What the fuck, options? My guess the strike price is equal to the current stock price. Also the bonus is pathetic for L4 Google.